U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,356 posts, read 8,597,598 times
Reputation: 2847

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
You are crazy girl....such wonderful pics and the stories are even better. Wonderful rescue work and you sure can tell those dogs know that they are LOVED. Beautiful
Thanx Jessie, I could tell so many stories about the rescues I did, as I am sure everyone else could too. Just glad I was able to save as many as I did. It is such a great, rewarding feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Status: "so confused at my state of confusion" (set 15 days ago)
 
8,084 posts, read 8,323,065 times
Reputation: 11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Thanx Jessie, I could tell so many stories about the rescues I did, as I am sure everyone else could too. Just glad I was able to save as many as I did. It is such a great, rewarding feeling.
You are so right and I wish we could have taken more from after katrina but some of them just would not come and would run even with us having food . I cannot help but think that more than likely some of them died because they would not come and we could not get to them . My heart aches everyday when I think about it . Thank god for the ones we did manage to bring back .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 05:25 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,356 posts, read 8,597,598 times
Reputation: 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You are so right and I wish we could have taken more from after katrina but some of them just would not come and would run even with us having food . I cannot help but think that more than likely some of them died because they would not come and we could not get to them . My heart aches everyday when I think about it . Thank god for the ones we did manage to bring back .
And those dogs will never leave our minds. The ones left behind are never forgotten.
Thanx that you got as many as you could. Every one saved is a good deed! We have to hope and pray the ones we could not help or get are in a better place, hopefully on a nice warm couch or bed somewhere in a good home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
815 posts, read 2,094,028 times
Reputation: 564
We have 4 danes..(2 females, 2 males ).. I am sure some of you has seen their pics posted out here. Well I am taking my big boy Duke in Tuesday to get him fixed..
Attached Thumbnails
Pet Picture gallery-marmaduke.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
 
Location: CO
9 posts, read 18,936 times
Reputation: 21
Default Here are my babies, still trying to find out what Charlie the Black one is

These are my babies, Charlie is the black one, Busta is the Golden Retriver and Rusty and Dusty are my tabby cats
Attached Thumbnails
Pet Picture gallery-christmas-08-09-097.jpg   Pet Picture gallery-christmas-08-09-103.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 05:13 PM
 
4,629 posts, read 6,271,994 times
Reputation: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
We have 4 danes..(2 females, 2 males ).. I am sure some of you has seen their pics posted out here. Well I am taking my big boy Duke in Tuesday to get him fixed..
What a regal looking pup! He won't know the difference Weds~ !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmokey11222 View Post
These are my babies, Charlie is the black one, Busta is the Golden Retriver and Rusty and Dusty are my tabby cats
Aw, looks like you woke them up! That, or they're pouting...I don't know, but Charlies looks rather like a Shar Pei to me. Do you have any ideas?

PS: Where's Dusty (I'm assuming that's a pic of Rusty )????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 06:08 PM
 
Location: CO
9 posts, read 18,936 times
Reputation: 21
Yes, that is Rusty, Dusty likes to go outside and find things and bring them home to mommy, I am not really sure what Charlie is, when we got him they told us a boxer lab but in my opinion, I think maybe a pitbull/shar pei/ or lab/ sharpei. He has so many wrinkles on the front part of his body and half his tongue is blue. He is a really sold dog. Very shiny and husky. All muscle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 PM
 
4,629 posts, read 6,271,994 times
Reputation: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmokey11222 View Post
All muscle.
And he's gorgeous, too. Aren't they all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2009, 04:35 AM
 
24,548 posts, read 14,912,252 times
Reputation: 24982
Meet Cecil. Cecil was one of my rescue fosters and when I went to take his picture he literally winked at me. Cecil is now the loving companion to a wonderful little boy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2009, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Texas
692 posts, read 2,837,079 times
Reputation: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Meet Cecil. Cecil was one of my rescue fosters and when I went to take his picture he literally winked at me. Cecil is now the loving companion to a wonderful little boy.
Your post made me smile so big. My boyfriends name is Cecil; him winking just made me think how silly. I think he was telling you take me take me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:31 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top