U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
5,142 posts, read 11,486,662 times
Reputation: 2506

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Here he is after a bath and playing
Love the bath pic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 AM
 
Location: Phelan
205 posts, read 625,438 times
Reputation: 165
Smile My two boys!! love my knuckle heads


Gunnar: Alapaha Blue Blood bulldog (say that three times fast) He turned a year old May 9th - weighs 72 pounds. Is a very happy bumbling silly boy who loves to irritate his older pack mate. Its amazing to watch these two play... I swear they're trying to kill each other. I take a step towards them to stop the action and they stop and look at me like "whats the problem? We're just playing". I've had Rotts, GSDs, mutts, APBTs etc and these two are the loudest, rough housing, chase each other dogs I've had.


Peter aka butter. He was taken off the streets of Pomona CA a walking bag of bones when he was less than a year old. He barely tipped the scales at 25 pounds the day I brought him home. But for all his troubles at such a young age, he always had a smile on his face and a wag in his tail. He just loves everybody. He is now 5 years old, and is a happy 65 pound American Stafforshire Terrier.

This picture was taken right after a game of fetch, and you can tell by the look on his face he wasn't quite ready to stop playing. Can't you just see him asking me to throw it some more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 AM
 
Location: Phelan
205 posts, read 625,438 times
Reputation: 165
Talking Gunnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
This is our new baby Gunnar
I love the name Gunnar. Of course I'm partial as my puppy baby is Gunnar too. How did you come by the name? I look specifically for a name that meant "Warrior".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,027 posts, read 13,430,595 times
Reputation: 4849
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiia View Post
Gunnar: Alapaha Blue Blood bulldog (say that three times fast) He turned a year old May 9th - weighs 72 pounds. Is a very happy bumbling silly boy who loves to irritate his older pack mate. Its amazing to watch these two play... I swear they're trying to kill each other. I take a step towards them to stop the action and they stop and look at me like "whats the problem? We're just playing". I've had Rotts, GSDs, mutts, APBTs etc and these two are the loudest, rough housing, chase each other dogs I've had.


Peter aka butter. He was taken off the streets of Pomona CA a walking bag of bones when he was less than a year old. He barely tipped the scales at 25 pounds the day I brought him home. But for all his troubles at such a young age, he always had a smile on his face and a wag in his tail. He just loves everybody. He is now 5 years old, and is a happy 65 pound American Stafforshire Terrier.

This picture was taken right after a game of fetch, and you can tell by the look on his face he wasn't quite ready to stop playing. Can't you just see him asking me to throw it some more!
They are sooooooo cute! Those just might be the cutest dogs on CD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 02:56 AM
 
Location: Phelan
205 posts, read 625,438 times
Reputation: 165
Thank you MAK802... I'm very partial to them myself!
And you are absolutely correct... its not just a dog, its a Bulldog!!

Last edited by freesiia; 05-19-2010 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: hit enter too fast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,702 posts, read 26,804,169 times
Reputation: 26691
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiia View Post
Peter aka butter. He was taken off the streets of Pomona CA a walking bag of bones when he was less than a year old. He barely tipped the scales at 25 pounds the day I brought him home. But for all his troubles at such a young age, he always had a smile on his face and a wag in his tail. He just loves everybody. He is now 5 years old, and is a happy 65 pound American Stafforshire Terrier.

This picture was taken right after a game of fetch, and you can tell by the look on his face he wasn't quite ready to stop playing. Can't you just see him asking me to throw it some more!
I just fell madly, deeply in love with a furry boy named Peter. What a handsome man! Where did the nickname Butter come from? Peter Pan peanut butter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:57 AM
 
7,422 posts, read 13,730,330 times
Reputation: 4944
freesiia, your dogs are gorgeous. "pit bulls" (aka apbts, staffies, and a zillion mixes) are the cutest.

dandj, by the way, i walked through your town the other day! on a walk from the mark twain house to talcott mountain, commemorating twain and his best friend joseph twichell's weekly walks. unfortunately sadie couldn't come on that trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 17,030,281 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiia View Post
I love the name Gunnar. Of course I'm partial as my puppy baby is Gunnar too. How did you come by the name? I look specifically for a name that meant "Warrior".
same here! How funny. My husbands family is of viking ( Nordic) decent, so he wanted something in that realm. That and Gunnar is going to be huge and it seemed to fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,702 posts, read 26,804,169 times
Reputation: 26691
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
dandj, by the way, i walked through your town the other day! on a walk from the mark twain house to talcott mountain, commemorating twain and his best friend joseph twichell's weekly walks. unfortunately sadie couldn't come on that trip.
Are you kidding me?!? I wish you would have told me that you'd be here, even without Sadie.

Talcott Mountain is terrific, isn't it?

Did you do any shopping in West Hartford Center or BlueBack Square?

Did you walk through any of the reservoirs? They're much like Talcott Mountain, but a smoother walking path.

You'll have to tell me next time you're passing through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 AM
 
7,422 posts, read 13,730,330 times
Reputation: 4944
i actually grew up in that area (canton/new hartford/barkhamsted) and my parents still live around there so i'm up there a lot! we did go around one of the reservoirs - we basically went from the mark twain house up to albany ave, then past the university of hartford on bloomfield ave, then down simsbury road to the auer 4h farm, had lunch there and then walked through the woods the rest of the way. the organizers have cars waiting up by heublein tower so you don't have to walk back! it's an annual event, i'll try to let you know about it if i remember next year. it's free, and a lot of fun if you like walking and/or are interested in mark twain. it's really neat to start out in the middle of the city and end up in the middle of the woods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top