U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 12:48 PM

1,203 posts, read 3,882,394 times

Advertisements

I need to vent. A friend of mine I went to school with wants a German Shephard puppy. Meaning, he wants to drop thousands of dollars on a pup he 1) doesn't have the time to put in with 2) has never owned a dog or a pup 3) is an idiot about this whole thing, he wants to do this so hes gonna do it.

I've suggested so many breed specific rescue groups that he could get a young pup from, but no, he wants to go through a breeder. I've voiced my opinion on how he needs to go about doing that and making sure it's not a backyard breeder and that he could get the same kind of dog from a rescue group or shelter but he won't hear any of it.

I really hate people!

edit* and his stupid friends saying it's ok to leave a pup outside for 8+ hours a day ALONE....WTF?

Oh and I just realized I posted this in the picture thread, not the chat thread because I'm so fuming lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,845,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I need to vent. A friend of mine I went to school with wants a German Shephard puppy. Meaning, he wants to drop thousands of dollars on a pup he 1) doesn't have the time to put in with 2) has never owned a dog or a pup 3) is an idiot about this whole thing, he wants to do this so hes gonna do it.

I've suggested so many breed specific rescue groups that he could get a young pup from, but no, he wants to go through a breeder. I've voiced my opinion on how he needs to go about doing that and making sure it's not a backyard breeder and that he could get the same kind of dog from a rescue group or shelter but he won't hear any of it.

I really hate people!

edit* and his stupid friends saying it's ok to leave a pup outside for 8+ hours a day ALONE....WTF?

Oh and I just realized I posted this in the picture thread, not the chat thread because I'm so fuming lol
I hope you can get through to him. that's just plain cruel. I'd whack him if I were you.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM

2,406 posts, read 5,376,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I love your Rotties, such beautiful dogs! I volunteered for the only Rottweiler rescue in NJ for a few years before moving. I'm still in contact with the President of the rescue and visit them at adoption events when I go home to visit! I love the breed!

Where did you get that ball?? PC loves to play with my husband's basketball, but it's covered in drool after! We'd like to get him his own. He has a soccer ball, but this looks so much better!
I LOVE all UR photos. I still think you should make calendars. Those photos are BEAUTIFUL.

The balls are called indestructable balls. They come in many sizes. Smallest being softball size to huge balls that polar bears & tigers play with.
I've seen some at Petsmart. I got the big blue one online. It's been quite some time since i bought it. Could of been Fosters & Smith. Maybe Sitstay.com. I think many dog site carry them. PC would have a blast playing with them.
Our Rotts take their head & roll it all over the place. Great exercise.
Than can be filled with water or sand to make them heavier. We've never filled them. It's a very thick, dense plastic. You can't & wouldn't kick this ball, they could break UR toe.

If you have problems finding them let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
The rotts are lovely!! Schev's expression is wonderful.
Thank you. Our Rotties have alwyas been ham bones. Schev was a very special boy. He was abused for 1-1/2 years before we rescued him.
He never played with a toy or ball. he never played with any of our dogs...ever.
He never played with Hubby & I.
BUT... he was a wonderful dog. We gave him so much love. He was one big cupcake.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:11 PM

113 posts, read 167,262 times
Smile Here are my 2 cutie pies when they were babies.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:13 PM

16,711 posts, read 26,810,452 times
Beau&Cloe: Absolutely precious!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,845,754 times
Awwwww. Cuties. Puppy love.

Do you have any all grown up?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 PM

Default This is Cloe all grown up. She is always smiling.

I'm not good at adding pictures. Can't seem to get 2 pictures in one post. I'll keep trying.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:06 PM

Default This is Beau all grown up. He and Cloe are the best of friends.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:27 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,689,397 times
Such cute pics of Meatball! Love em!

Greenchili

Old 09-23-2010, 07:40 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,434,226 times
Here are a couple of Sasha at 8wks. Looking at her now (6mos old next week) it's hard to believe she was ever that small.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or