U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM

5,812 posts, read 16,668,952 times

Advertisements

I really have a thing for black cats myself. I have three. Although, they technically chose me. But I do love them. Mr. Fuzzy is even more beautiful with the long hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 AM

8,578 posts, read 5,982,319 times
Default One of our girls

This is Abby. She was dumped on a street corner in our neighborhood during a rainstorm. She wouldn't leave that corner for anything, not even the rain. I always wondered if she was waiting for someone to come back for her. She'd given birth just a few weeks before she was abandoned. She was way underweight and was losing her fur. She finally came to our house for water and food. We tried and tried to find her owner (no luck) so a few days later we took her to the vet to get checked out. We nursed her back to health and she's been with us ever since. It's turned out that we're the lucky ones...she has brought so much joy and laughter to our family.

Last edited by LilyLady; 08-27-2014 at 02:55 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

Default The OTHER one of our girls

This is Summer. She's my daughter's beagle, but we're taking care of her while my daughter is overseas on deployment. Summer is a real cutie, and she knows it too! We love her like she's ours. We're all just one big family.

Last edited by LilyLady; 08-27-2014 at 02:55 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 09:43 AM

16,694 posts, read 26,792,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
This is Abby. She was dumped on a street corner in our neighborhood during a rainstorm. She wouldn't leave that corner for anything, not even the rain. I always wondered if she was waiting for someone to come back for her. She'd given birth just a few weeks before she was abandoned. She was way underweight and was losing her fur. She finally came to our house for water and food. We tried and tried to find her owner (no luck) so a few days later we took her to the vet to get checked out. We nursed her back to health and she's been with us ever since. It's turned out that we're the lucky ones...she has brought so much joy and laughter to our family.
Oh my gosh, what kind of person would dump a dog like Abby??? First of all, she's beautiful. She sounds like a perfect dog. If she gives you joy and laughter, then she's perfect.

You're lucky. Abby's lucky. Win-win!

Quote:
This is Summer. She's my daughter's beagle, but we're taking care of her while my daughter is overseas on deployment. Summer is a real cutie, and she knows it too! We love her like she's ours. We're all just one big family.
Of course she knows! She's no dummy!

She's adorable!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:48 AM

DandJ, you're so right! Abby's lucky and so are we. We're so grateful that she came into our lives. We're just lucky that we're the ones that found her (or actually that she found us).

Old 11-20-2010, 10:46 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,687,759 times
Default Autumn

Lovely shot eh?LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Pet Picture gallery-silly-001.jpg  

Old 11-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Awwww,what a lovely story and dog! We took in a abandoned Boxer,she has brought soooo much love and happiness to us. We were the lucky ones too!

Greenchili

Old 11-20-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
That one of her sitting up is too cute!

Greenchili

Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 AM

9,355 posts, read 16,859,531 times
lilylady ... what beautiful girls you have..... such sweet faces..... so glad abby found you and as to the "people" who dumped her ..... weeelllll, one of my favorite sayings is "karma is a biotch" .....

hahahhaaha green chili .... bailey lies like that in the warm sunny grass .... i call it her playboy pose.....

Old 11-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Inserting photos into a post

I have a question about inserting our photos into our posts: How do I get the full size images to display in my posts? I've tried and tried and all I can manage is to get the thumbnails to show up. I'm not usually so dense when it comes to displaying images, but I can't figure this one out.

I don't have my photos stored at an online website, they're on my computer.

Thanks for any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or