U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Florida
1,439 posts, read 2,481,590 times
Reputation: 2165

Advertisements

Sillypups thanks for bringing a smile to my face with your adorable Rotties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Location: San Diego
5,027 posts, read 13,374,770 times
Reputation: 4848
There's been a lot of cuteness going on in my house lately. Seems like all my friends want pictures of their dogs, so they've been coming over one by one. This is Shelly and Tigger. Tigger, the Bulldog, is my Meatball's grandma, his mom's mom. You'd never guess, since she is only 35 lbs. and the cutest thing you have ever seen!









And some recents of my boys:







Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 03:34 AM
 
Location: classified
1,681 posts, read 3,175,790 times
Reputation: 1517
Some photos of my Black Lab/German Shepherd mix (consider yourselves lucky since she does not like having her picture taken as evidenced in the second photo).

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/60094_111507778909211_100001499693441_90454_155380 9_n.jpg (broken link)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/61793_111507788909210_100001499693441_90455_154187 9_n.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,774,074 times
Reputation: 11458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
SUMMER TIME 2010

Our babies & neighbor dog having a blast.
Just thought I would bring some sun & warmth to everyone.

i LOVE this picture!! happy dogs having so much fun makes me SMILE....

and diablo, i feel your pain .... my bailey is EXTREMELY camera shy .... i have to have friends take sneak papparazzi shots of her to have much of anything.... .... she can tell the difference between a camera in my hand and oh, say, a tv remote or telephone, and IMMEDIATELY turns her back and heads in the opposite direction.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,027 posts, read 13,374,770 times
Reputation: 4848
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

and diablo, i feel your pain .... my bailey is EXTREMELY camera shy .... i have to have friends take sneak papparazzi shots of her to have much of anything.... .... she can tell the difference between a camera in my hand and oh, say, a tv remote or telephone, and IMMEDIATELY turns her back and heads in the opposite direction.....
The corgi mix I posted above is extremely camera shy and refuses to look at the camera. Her owner can never get a picture of her, yet I had no issues doing a photo shoot at my house. I think all dogs are able to be photographed, they just need to be approached differently than those that love the camera. Her owner was shocked at the photos I was able to get of her dog, she came with the attitude that we'll only be able to get good shots of her Bulldog but not corgi. I'm doing mini photo shoot sessions in a couple of weeks, where all the proceeds will go to a local rescue. I'm sure some of the dogs I have to photograph will be camera shy, but I'm more than up for the challenge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 11:51 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,774,074 times
Reputation: 11458
you must have the magic touch!!

the last "posed" picture i have of bailey was at a humane society fundraiser a couple of years ago.... there was a Budweiser Clydesdale there and you could have you and your dog's picture taken with it for a donation.... i had her leash VERY short, the photographer was holding one of her treats over his head and i threw a couple more to the grass about half-way between us and the photographer.... ONLY then would she look in the direction of the camera....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
 
1,055 posts, read 4,299,310 times
Reputation: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i LOVE this picture!! happy dogs having so much fun makes me SMILE....

and diablo, i feel your pain .... my bailey is EXTREMELY camera shy .... i have to have friends take sneak papparazzi shots of her to have much of anything.... .... she can tell the difference between a camera in my hand and oh, say, a tv remote or telephone, and IMMEDIATELY turns her back and heads in the opposite direction.....
Rita isn't crazy about getting her picture taken, alot of times she will turn her head when I get the camera, but my Corgi Finn, now he loves his picture taken. He will stop and look at me when I have the camera. He literally will "strike a pose"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 12:15 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,352 posts, read 16,774,074 times
Reputation: 11458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaw View Post
Rita isn't crazy about getting her picture taken, alot of times she will turn her head when I get the camera, but my Corgi Finn, now he loves his picture taken. He will stop and look at me when I have the camera. He literally will "strike a pose"

well.... let's see the "poser"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 12:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego
5,027 posts, read 13,374,770 times
Reputation: 4848
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
you must have the magic touch!!

the last "posed" picture i have of bailey was at a humane society fundraiser a couple of years ago.... there was a Budweiser Clydesdale there and you could have you and your dog's picture taken with it for a donation.... i had her leash VERY short, the photographer was holding one of her treats over his head and i threw a couple more to the grass about half-way between us and the photographer.... ONLY then would she look in the direction of the camera....
If I was closer to you, I'd take some shots of both your dogs! It seems most of mine are Bulldogs lately, I'm hoping the ones who sign up for the photo session are all types of breeds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 AM
 
Location: GLAMA
16,584 posts, read 33,669,032 times
Reputation: 16825
Yeah, she's spoiled... but she's worth it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top