U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 12:12 AM

20 posts, read 19,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
adorable dog but I don't get
the standing up ear look.
I presume this was a procedure done to him?
looks painful for a him to have every sound come
flying in his head like that.

not wanting to get into a argument
one way or the other but I
did not realize this was done to great danes.

Danes ears do not naturally stand on there own. They have to be cropped. This was done when he was 7 weeks old by my breeders vet, who by the way has been cropping for 40 yrs. It is not a painful procedure at all he is put to sleep an given pain meds every12 hours to keep him pain free they heal in less than a week an then that's it as far as the pain goes it didn't seem to
bother Justice at all but we were very diligent to keep him happy. It is Extremely common for Danes to have there ears done. I would say almost all show pups an most pet pups have them done. But it is a personal choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyorson View Post
Loved! Awesome dog, congratulation Texas_paradaise!
Thanks he is a big love bug an I just adore him. Nothing like the love of a Dane, but then again I am partial

Old 10-16-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm not sure if it's natural with Great Danes, but many dogs have ears that naturally stand up - and they often start out floppy. My dog is a 40lb mutt, and his went from floppy to perked all by themselves! Far as I know, it doesn't hurt him to have "sounds flying in his head," LOL.

Rudy at ~12 weeks old

Sweet baby yourself, he looks so soft I just want to cuddle him forever

Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 AM

581 posts, read 1,036,633 times

Old man Webs waiting for me to get my life together so we can go on our morning walk. I've always loved this picture because he's got that "hurry up and let's go" look going on.

Tony aka Chewy. He may have done something he wasn't suposed to. I don't remember. But he's my energetic fur ball so it's hard to get a good full on picture of him.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 PM

674 posts, read 1,539,116 times
Tortuga, your dogs are in good shape and have beautiful coats, that means you take care of them very well

Old 10-16-2011, 02:13 PM

581 posts, read 1,036,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBy View Post
Tortuga, your dogs are in good shape and have beautiful coats, that means you take care of them very well

Thanks. I try. Chewy's starting to get some dandruff, I think maybe due to the weather but I"m not sure. Maybe a visit to the pet store, which he LOVES.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:31 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,921,012 times
I'm enjoying all the pics. Getting a major dose of doggie cuteness today.

Shiloh is in the lead in the modeling contest on Facebook, but we still have 11 hours to go, so we'll see what happens. Cheaters have been coming out of the woodwork, offering to buy votes. Can you believe that? I'll bet if our dogs were doing the campaigning instead of the humans, they wouldn't be cheating and playing dirty.

Here's some more pics of Shiloh to enjoy. I hope I haven't shared these already. Can't remember what all I've posted here over the years.

This next one was at the end of shooting pics of him posing at the river. You know it's time to end the photo session when the dog starts blowing raspberries at the camera!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:36 PM

16,651 posts, read 26,661,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Paradise View Post

Yes you wouldn't believe I thought at first his kennel was an easy bake oven evey time I put him in he came out bigger lol
Hilarious!!!!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:05 PM

575 posts, read 895,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
I'm enjoying all the pics. Getting a major dose of doggie cuteness today.

Shiloh is in the lead in the modeling contest on Facebook, but we still have 11 hours to go, so we'll see what happens. Cheaters have been coming out of the woodwork, offering to buy votes. Can you believe that? I'll bet if our dogs were doing the campaigning instead of the humans, they wouldn't be cheating and playing dirty.

Here's some more pics of Shiloh to enjoy. I hope I haven't shared these already. Can't remember what all I've posted here over the years.

This next one was at the end of shooting pics of him posing at the river. You know it's time to end the photo session when the dog starts blowing raspberries at the camera!
Shiloh is such a beauty! Very sweet looking baby.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM

327 posts, read 500,653 times
My gma and gpa's dog Autumn

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or