U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 AM

16,648 posts, read 26,620,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
This was my poor Chewy last night.

For as big and tough guy of a guard dog he is, he turns into mama's baby when he hears thunder and rain. Even the WORDS thunder and rain. He normally doesn't give a second look to the bed. He'd rather sleep on the floor by the door or in his kennel because it's by the window. But we had some pretty rough stuff come through South Texas last night and he didn't have a good night.
Aw! Poor Chewy! He should have called Artie. Artie would have come over and BARKED that thunder and rain away. That's, apparently, the trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 PM

581 posts, read 1,035,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Aw! Poor Chewy! He should have called Artie. Artie would have come over and BARKED that thunder and rain away. That's, apparently, the trick.

Hahaha. No bark here. He just grumbles and whines and grumbles some more until I let him on the bed. And God forbid I go to the window to see outside during a thunderstorm. He'll physically push himself between the window and myself and push me away from it.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,080,438 times
Abby decided she wants to pull a sled, just like Jack and Naala! She walks so nicely on a leash and I haven't figured out how to let her know it's okay if she doesn't stay right beside me when she's harnessed. Right now, she's just practicing with the empty kicksled. I jog along in front of her and she follows, to get used to the feeling of pulling something behind her. Today she actually went ahead of me on her own! As long as she's having fun, I don't care if she ever gets to the point of pulling me on the sled.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 AM

966 posts, read 915,318 times
tortuga,
beautiful dog! Gorgeous photo!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 AM

8,578 posts, read 5,948,569 times
Tdna, that's a great picture! I've often wondered how they train sled dogs. Sure looks like Abby is proud of what she's doing.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:30 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,577,282 times
My Chewy, smiling on the beach in Mexico.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM

8,578 posts, read 5,948,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Tracy View Post
Aw shoot! I can't see the picture! I wonder if I have some settings wrong...

Old 02-02-2012, 03:41 PM

16,648 posts, read 26,620,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Tracy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
Aw shoot! I can't see the picture! I wonder if I have some settings wrong...
Nope, I can't see it either.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:33 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,577,282 times
Hmmm - I can see it, but it says that it has been re-sized. ??? Sorry, my first photo upload and I guess it didn't work right.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM

581 posts, read 1,035,674 times

My dignified old man Chewy. He's probably getting tired of me talking some sort of nonsense.

And in memory of Baby Apollo(I named him) who was renamed Bruno by his family. He was a dog I found outside of my work who had been dumped. After searching for his owner came up empty, my neighbor decided to take the ole boy in. He, unfortunately, passed away last week due to congestive heart failure. It literally happened overnight. I was away on business and my GF called saying that she had helped our neighbor out by driving her to a vet clinic and staying with her when she found out he wouldn't be getting better. I felt so bad. But also thankful that he did not spend, what would be, his whole life in a shelter or pound. At least he had someone who loved him, took very good care of him, and gave him a life he deserved. And in return he was a great buddy to his humans. They miss him desperately and often wonder what could've been with what looks like a big boy. So, to Bruno, fair well my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or