U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM

8,578 posts, read 5,950,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
LL - Lily is pretty.

D - If labs make you happy.......
There's Bella!!! I love seeing your pictures of her, Jessie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Tashi
I love the expression on her face in that second photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
Maiden playing in the yard After a squirrel.
In that last picture, at first glance I thought she was actually climbing that tree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 AM

8,578 posts, read 5,950,349 times
I'm so glad I finally subscribed to this thread. Now I don't miss any of these precious photos.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:10 PM

22,590 posts, read 16,725,534 times
We all like to show off our dogs, eh? Ok, here's some of mine. Some have been seen on this forum before, some have not.

Their backstory is that someone dumped them out of a moving vehicle in the middle of traffic in Miami, where I used to live. They were three-four months old. There were three, one was hit and killed. Long story short, I ended up saving them when no one else was doing much of anything about it.

When they were puppies and I had not even had them a week:

A little later, out in the Everglades where I used to live:

The girl

The boy

Manipulator (the girl)

Clown (the boy)

(No, those are not their legal names.)

In their first snow, ever, this past winter:

And two more of them just being them:

They are definitely lab mixed with something else. They just turned 2 years old. The girl is 26 pounds, the boy is 45 pounds. I know what they are mixed with but I would love to hear what others think as I get all kinds of guesses when they are out and about.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,176,039 times
Great pictures! Beautiful dogs. I thought of Husky or Chow chow for the curly tail, but those ears stand up at times I see, and they look too big for those other dogs....still thinking.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Great pictures! Beautiful dogs. I thought of Husky or Chow chow for the curly tail, but those ears stand up at times I see, and they look too big for those other dogs....still thinking.
Except for his size, the boy acts very much like a lab. Very much, right on down to the "let's chew everything we can find" and everything is an incredible adventure, even walking down the stairs from the bedroom to the living room is almost more excitement than he can handle. His ears do stand up sometimes. He's not the brightest, just really doesn't get tricks. Mind stimulation games are not his thing, he doesn't try to figure them out, he plows the food out of them. I some times call him a bull as he acts like a fricken bull, snorting and shoving his way around.

The girl is not lab acting in the slightest. She loves to "herd", she's not big in to playing fetch although she will do it a few times, what she likes to do is chase and be chased. She is smart as a whip, (picks up new tricks in very short order), she outsmarts the mind stimulation games almost immediately, she has a vast vocabulary. Don't let the photos fool you, she is half the size of the boy. She is quite small, actually, considering she has lab in her. Her ears never stand up. That one photo she's on her way back down so gravity has pulled her ears up, not because she stood them up. Her ears are always floppy...and she uses that and her dark brown eyes to her advantage. She manipulates HARD!

Old 05-18-2012, 03:41 PM

16,649 posts, read 26,630,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
We all like to show off our dogs, eh? Ok, here's some of mine. Some have been seen on this forum before, some have not.

Their backstory is that someone dumped them out of a moving vehicle in the middle of traffic in Miami, where I used to live. They were three-four months old. There were three, one was hit and killed. Long story short, I ended up saving them when no one else was doing much of anything about it.

When they were puppies and I had not even had them a week:

A little later, out in the Everglades where I used to live:

The girl

The boy

Manipulator (the girl)

Clown (the boy)

(No, those are not their legal names.)

In their first snow, ever, this past winter:

And two more of them just being them:

They are definitely lab mixed with something else. They just turned 2 years old. The girl is 26 pounds, the boy is 45 pounds. I know what they are mixed with but I would love to hear what others think as I get all kinds of guesses when they are out and about.
Holy gorgeousness!!!!!!!!!!! You got yourself a couple of beauties. Erm, excuse me, the boy is HANDSOME, the girl is beautiful. Both are gorgeous.

I don't know what they're mixed with, but now you've got me curious.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM

966 posts, read 915,669 times
Wolves,
I'm so glad there are folks like you! I've read that larger black dogs are often the last to be adopted from a shelter, if ever, so you truly saved their lives twice when you rescued them. Pretty dogs! Could there be some border collie in there? I know they don't have the markings, but the female's behavior brought that to mind. Also the ears and face shape...but I really don't know much about the different breeds. I really enjoy seeing the photos of everyone's dog...thank you! Brightens my day! I'll try to get one of my little guy on her sometime, but I'm pretty challanged by all things computer related, lol.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
Wolves,
I'm so glad there are folks like you! I've read that larger black dogs are often the last to be adopted from a shelter, if ever, so you truly saved their lives twice when you rescued them. Pretty dogs! Could there be some border collie in there? I know they don't have the markings, but the female's behavior brought that to mind. Also the ears and face shape...but I really don't know much about the different breeds. I really enjoy seeing the photos of everyone's dog...thank you! Brightens my day! I'll try to get one of my little guy on her sometime, but I'm pretty challanged by all things computer related, lol.
You win. You are correct.

(And thanks.)

Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,146,676 times
Our visitor, Maiden decided to roll Marzipan thru a mud puddle. She was not happy.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,080,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
Our visitor, Maiden decided to roll Marzipan thru a mud puddle. She was not happy.

The looks on their faces in the last photo are very telling (and very funny)

Here are my crazy girls:

Abby likes stripes. She finds them relaxing.

Naala, after being told that, although digging and getting all dirty is fun, it also lands you in the shower. That's not fun.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or