Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 06:06 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,073,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Very cool flkingfan. He's been a great pup and has brought joy to me and my dad. I thought about getting another female Dobie or a short haired female German Shepherd. But I'm really hesitant about doing that right now. I've spent some money on this little boy. Just spent $2100 on a fence in the backyard. Maybe sometime in the future.
I think that's the most important part, pentatonic. Rebel has a beautiful face. I hope he doesn't have to have his ears posted like that for a long period of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 06:55 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,527 times
Quote:
Very cool flkingfan. He's been a great pup and has brought joy to me and my dad. I thought about getting another female Dobie or a short haired female German Shepherd. But I'm really hesitant about doing that right now. I've spent some money on this little boy. Just spent $2100 on a fence in the backyard. Maybe sometime in the future.
He looks like a real cutie! If you're hesitant, then you're doing the right thing by waiting. I know one, especially a puppy, can be a handful. My first boy I had when he was about 10 weeks and I remember it was hard (that was 20 years ago). My girl now was 6 months old when I adopted her last year, and my boy was 2 yrs old when I adopted him almost 6 yrs ago. If I were you I'd maybe take him to doggy daycare or on playdates with other dogs, that way you can see how he interacts with other dogs. Then you'll now which type of personality dog he'll get along with best when you're ready for another dog.

You are going to have so much fun with him! This is my first red girl and some people say red personalities are different. My previous girl I had was a blue, and she was nothing like my girl now. My girl now is the biggest goofball, tomboy, but yet still the leaning, typical Dobie.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 PM

142 posts, read 571,248 times
I havent posted in a very long time but I just had to share a few pictures of my twins with the dogs

The last pic was taken a few days ago, they are almost 8 months old now!

Last edited by Riley620; 08-20-2012 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: fix pictures

Old 08-21-2012, 04:46 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley620 View Post
I havent posted in a very long time but I just had to share a few pictures of my twins with the dogs

OMG!!!! So much LOVE!!!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
Quote:

These are the sweetest pictures ever. My cousin just had a baby this morning and know she's always been crazy about her dogs like I am about mine. I hope hers are half as sweet as yours when it comes to the baby. too cute

Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:
I chose a Doberman this time because they are ranked as being the 5th most intelligent dog breed out of 157. They are loyal personal dogs and very alert. I started noticing his alertness very early. Plus they are considered indoor dogs and I wanted a dog I could keep in the house without dog hair everywhere.

Where are these rankings?

I bet mastiffs are the dumbest of all, but you have to love them for their dumbness.

If I had to guess, I would bet border collies top the list.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,073,762 times
Quote:

Your pictures are wonderful! I think my favorite was the one taken while the baby was getting a bath. It was as if your dog was saying, "Yeah buddy! I don't like it either".

Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 PM

890 posts, read 2,279,515 times
Mija 1 year 4 months

Taquito ~3ish years

Bunile 2.5 years

Old 08-22-2012, 05:08 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
Mija 1 year 4 months

Taquito ~3ish years

Bunile 2.5 years
What kind of dog is Mija? That's one adorable pupper!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 AM

890 posts, read 2,279,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
What kind of dog is Mija? That's one adorable pupper!
Thank you! All I know for sure is she is part chihuahua. She does weigh almost 20 pounds so she is clearly mixed with something larger, but I have no clue what that would be. There isn't anything about her physical appearance or behavior that points to a specific breed. She is quite the cutie though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs