U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM

568 posts, read 846,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Artie and I were visiting with family back in January. After our early morning walk, I'd grab his blanket and my coffee, and we'd catch a few more zzzzz's on the couch in the den.

I love how his eyes are scrunched up here:

Clearly, if we're not touching, we're not really enjoying this nap:
Rebel is the same way. He has to be touching me in some way in order for him to sleep. What I don't enjoy is when he gets up in the middle of the night to resituate himself and he just lets his legs give and falls right down on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM

16,649 posts, read 26,630,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Rebel is the same way. He has to be touching me in some way in order for him to sleep. What I don't enjoy is when he gets up in the middle of the night to resituate himself and he just lets his legs give and falls right down on me.
Oh my gosh, yes the GUNK! of falling into the new spot.

Worse than that, for me, though, is when Artie gets up, shakes it off (the whole bed shakes, babykins! and mama wakes up!), and then GUNKS into the new spot.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM

1,092 posts, read 625,851 times
campion, I've honestly never seen a dog like Callie, she is something else! I just want to hug her up!

Dawn, Artie is squee worthy! lol I think Im done gushing.. no wait.. I just smile every time I look at that picture. He's adorable.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieAmber View Post
Dawn, Artie is squee worthy! lol I think Im done gushing.. no wait.. I just smile every time I look at that picture. He's adorable.
Thanks, sweets! He's definitely my lovebug.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM

701 posts, read 1,317,073 times
Quote:
Thanks, sweets! He's definitely my lovebug.
- love that someone got pictures of the two of you together like that! My first dog was really standoffish with everyone but me. I could get her to curl up on the couch right next to me like your Artie does. Those were the days. . . My Callie I think is too young for that just yet - she can't stay still long enough to enjoy a good afternoon nap!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:52 PM

701 posts, read 1,317,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieAmber View Post
campion, I've honestly never seen a dog like Callie, she is something else! I just want to hug her up!

She was definitely the pick of the litter as far as puppy looks go. Which can be difficult to say, since schipperke puppies all look so much like little bear cubs. I lucked out - the breeder let me buy her for significantly less than she was asking. Funny/sad thing is that two of the three females in the litter ended up back with her as the new owners didn't work out. I told her there was no way she was getting back my little girl.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campion View Post
- love that someone got pictures of the two of you together like that! My first dog was really standoffish with everyone but me. I could get her to curl up on the couch right next to me like your Artie does. Those were the days. . . My Callie I think is too young for that just yet - she can't stay still long enough to enjoy a good afternoon nap!
Oh! Artie hates EVERYONE. Well, mostly everyone. But, for whatever reason, he loves my uncle. It was my uncle that took the pictures.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:07 PM

8,578 posts, read 5,950,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campion View Post
Finally, here is a video of her, desperate to get into the tub (I'd told her she wasn't allowed):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5FwSrYmb0Y
She's adorable!!! I spent the whole video wondering "Is she gonna do it? Is she gonna jump in?"

Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Artie and I were visiting with family back in January. After our early morning walk, I'd grab his blanket and my coffee, and we'd catch a few more zzzzz's on the couch in the den.

I love how his eyes are scrunched up here:

Clearly, if we're not touching, we're not really enjoying this nap:
Dawn, those are great! Artie knows how to be comfortable, that's for sure.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Quote:
Oh my gosh, yes the GUNK! of falling into the new spot.

Worse than that, for me, though, is when Artie gets up, shakes it off (the whole bed shakes, babykins! and mama wakes up!), and then GUNKS into the new spot.
You too? GUNK is a good word for that collapse or whatever it is they do when they find the right spot. Abby sprawls out like she's going to start doing a breaststroke or something. Flat out.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or