Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 04:53 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,551 times

Advertisements

Roscoe!! You handsome devil you!

My kinda dog

Do you know his story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 06:53 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,469,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
Roscoe!! You handsome devil you!

My kinda dog

Do you know his story?
This is what they told us...he was pulled from a high kill shelter near Tuscaloosa, AL. He was put in foster care. His foster begged the rescue to let their friend adopt him. They had a little boy who was in love with him. Well those adopters kept him for about a year and then gave him back saying they just didn't want him anymore.

When he came back he had a nasty injury that had never been treated. He had to have surgery where part of his muscle had to be removed. His scar runs from his stomach to his shoulder blade. He has another scar running across his front leg. His face is littered with what looks like bite scars. His beautiful floppy hound ears are tattered and missing pieces. He looks he has had a hard time in life.

What he still is, happily, is 100 percent a hound. He is sweet and quirky. He LOVES food. He gets along with our cats, other dog and is gentle with our kids. We are in love with him already!

Old 04-09-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
This is what they told us...he was pulled from a high kill shelter near Tuscaloosa, AL. He was put in foster care. His foster begged the rescue to let their friend adopt him. They had a little boy who was in love with him. Well those adopters kept him for about a year and then gave him back saying they just didn't want him anymore.

When he came back he had a nasty injury that had never been treated. He had to have surgery where part of his muscle had to be removed. His scar runs from his stomach to his shoulder blade. He has another scar running across his front leg. His face is littered with what looks like bite scars. His beautiful floppy hound ears are tattered and missing pieces. He looks he has had a hard time in life.

What he still is, happily, is 100 percent a hound. He is sweet and quirky. He LOVES food. He gets along with our cats, other dog and is gentle with our kids. We are in love with him already!
Almost sounds like the rescue place was tricked and he ended up being a bait dog, or he was allowed to run loose and bad things happened to him

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for giving him a great home

Old 04-09-2019, 01:05 PM

63 posts, read 30,913 times
What pet owner doesn't love to show off their furry ones? 😉

I'm a dog person; big dogs are my favorite. Always have been. Even when I lived in small apartments in the city, I always had a big dog.

Freddie, the big guy is around five. He's an Anatolian Shepherd mixed with a little Great Pyrenees. Adopted him from a shelter when our lab mix died in 2014. At 8 weeks and 15 lbs. Freddie was very sick with a severe respiratory infection and I feared he wasn't going to make it at the shelter. He got better with the help of a very caring vet and lots of love. He has hip problems, arthritis and bad back knees but he does very well with exercise and medication. Sweetest dog I've ever had.

Lucy (short for Lucy-fur) is the same mix, just more Pyrenees than Anatolian. At just over a year now and 80 lbs she's shorter than Freddie but she's got a bigger attitude. Sweet and loving, she's a great companion for Freddie.

Last edited by DogFur; 02-16-2020 at 06:56 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFur View Post

I'm a dog person; big dogs are my favorite. Always have been. Even when I lived in small apartments in the city, I always had a big dog.

Freddie, the big guy is around five. He's an Anatolian Shepherd mixed with a little Great Pyrenees. Adopted him from a shelter when our lab mix died in 2014. At 8 weeks and 15 lbs. Freddie was very sick with a severe respiratory infection and I feared he wasn't going to make it at the shelter. He got better with the help of a very caring vet and lots of love. He has hip problems, arthritis and bad back knees but he does very well with exercise and medication. Sweetest dog I've ever had.

Lucy (short for Lucy-fur) is the same mix, just more Pyrenees than Anatolian. At just over a year now and 80 lbs she's shorter than Freddie but she's got a bigger attitude. Sweet and loving, she's a great companion for Freddie.
What sweet faces Freddie and Lucy-Fur are I'm not one for intentionally creating mixes but I gotta say yours look like they could be a success story. They are beautiful

I know Freddie must cost "a few dollars" every month to keep him healthy -- five is pretty young for so many issues --- Thankyou for taking him and hanging in there with him

Old 06-27-2019, 02:34 AM

11 posts, read 16,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFur View Post

oh mine, thanks for sharing their pics.
lucy and freddie are so sweet! they are lucky to have a great owner

Old 07-24-2019, 10:47 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times

People Taking Pictures by Ricardo, on Flickr. A photographer and her dog. Corrales, New Mexico.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:58 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,685 times
Default Bad squirrel

Road kill. Dear Wife wasn't hungry. And Tobi, well, Tobi doesn't believe in rehab. Once a bad squirrel, always a bad squirrel.
Attached Thumbnails
Pet Picture gallery-dsc00122.jpg  

Old 11-18-2019, 04:56 AM

There is not one ounce of shame on that face, lol

Even if he is a squirrel serial killer, Tobi is a handsome fella

BTW, I am so happy you are still maintaining a sense of humor, given the h***fire your area has suffered thru.

Your high school football team made the news here in Tennessee. They are going to finals?!

Warm and best wishes to all of you

Old 11-19-2019, 06:38 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times
Tobi kind of reminds me of a cat bringing home a mouse. Good luck arguing with an 80+ pound Airdale, one the most memorable dogs we owned. Not sure which feat had my mouth stuck on open - leaping a 4 foot (or was it 5?) fence and not breaking his stride or him leaping out of a 1.5 story window (thru the screen). Beautiful dog you have there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs