Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 11:26 AM

32,491 posts, read 47,436,183 times

Advertisements

Elvira doesn't think she should open the door for herself and when she wants out, she goes to the back door and asks out. That's just my job, to wait upon her every whim, because she is a Genuine Little Princess, always has been, always will be.

Wyatt McRiot is not allowed out the back door because the fence is only 4 feet tall and he hops over it like it doesn't exist. Wyatt "Crash" McRiot has a secure outdoor kennel that he can access any time he desires. It involves 2 dog doors, one into the garage and the second from the garage to the outdoors. He uses it many times a day, even if just to look around and keep an eye on the bunnies.

I just realized that I have been trained to perform a complicated routine. It involves several steps and for the life of me, I can not remember back to how it happened or how I was trained. In some mystifying way, I am trained to perform upon command.

Elvira goes out. Wyatt then goes to the garage door and looks expectant. I walk over and as I approach, he jumps through the dog door.

I then must open the door, to find him sitting at the other side, looking eager. I am then required to say "all the way out, then".

He runs to the other dog door and as I hear the flap slap, I am required to say "What a good dog."

At that point, I am allowed to close the garage door and go and let the Genuine Little Princess back into the house.

This morning, Wyatt came back into the house, went to the chewies and asked me to give him a bone. I snapped to my senses as I reached for the treats and thought. "Oh no, you don't, Crash. You are not training me to let you out, when you are perfectly capable of letting yourself out, and then giving you a treat as a reward every time I perform a trick for you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 PM

13,909 posts, read 39,093,810 times
hahahahaha

Old 12-18-2013, 07:45 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,966,863 times
Maybe give yourself the treat for being such a good boy?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,458,967 times
All dogs train their humans. Do you have anyone cleaning up your poop? Feeding you? We are basically our pets servants. I've been trained many times by many dogs. I accept it.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:25 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,633,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Maybe give yourself the treat for being such a good boy?
Too funny!

You are not alone. I'm also well trained by the cat and the dog.
I can feel the doggie eyes looking at me, then click-click-click...as she trots over to the door. Then click-click-click as she trots back and stares at me.
At least the cat is not as pushy. She will just sit at the door and stare at the door knob until someone comes around. However, when it comes to food, she will find me and walk across me. If she wants out in the middle of the night, she has learned all on her own that walking across the keyboard of my Mac makes noise that wakes me up.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:27 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,095,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Elvira doesn't think she should open the door for herself and when she wants out, she goes to the back door and asks out. That's just my job, to wait upon her every whim, because she is a Genuine Little Princess, always has been, always will be.

Wyatt McRiot is not allowed out the back door because the fence is only 4 feet tall and he hops over it like it doesn't exist. Wyatt "Crash" McRiot has a secure outdoor kennel that he can access any time he desires. It involves 2 dog doors, one into the garage and the second from the garage to the outdoors. He uses it many times a day, even if just to look around and keep an eye on the bunnies.

I just realized that I have been trained to perform a complicated routine. It involves several steps and for the life of me, I can not remember back to how it happened or how I was trained. In some mystifying way, I am trained to perform upon command.

Elvira goes out. Wyatt then goes to the garage door and looks expectant. I walk over and as I approach, he jumps through the dog door.

I then must open the door, to find him sitting at the other side, looking eager. I am then required to say "all the way out, then".

He runs to the other dog door and as I hear the flap slap, I am required to say "What a good dog."

At that point, I am allowed to close the garage door and go and let the Genuine Little Princess back into the house.

This morning, Wyatt came back into the house, went to the chewies and asked me to give him a bone. I snapped to my senses as I reached for the treats and thought. "Oh no, you don't, Crash. You are not training me to let you out, when you are perfectly capable of letting yourself out, and then giving you a treat as a reward every time I perform a trick for you."

That is hysterical! But sadly true. We are so easily trained by our dogs. We are such saps!

Old 12-18-2013, 08:38 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,223,654 times
I read somewhere that dogs are probably the most intelligent beings on earth. They saw that man hunted for food, had good shelter and water. A few wags of the tail would cause man to share it and we've been doing it ever since. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs