U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,045,655 times

Advertisements

Does your dogs and other pets have many toys~? Mine has too many and I just slipped and fell a while ago on one of his nylabones, I think. I'm okay but madder than hell about it. He didn't even come up to me to see if I am okay. Normally, he does if I slip a bit. He just got out of the way when I flew thru the air~!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 12:17 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,083,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Does your dogs and other pets have many toys~? Mine has too many and I just slipped and fell a while ago on one of his nylabones, I think. I'm okay but madder than hell about it. He didn't even come up to me to see if I am okay. Normally, he does if I slip a bit. He just got out of the way when I flew thru the air~!
I used to have a little Doxie and she had a lot of toys. I would just put out several at a time and pack up the rest, then a couple of weeks later I would put those away and get out a new group of toys. She looked at it as new toys and got all excited.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:20 AM

43,555 posts, read 52,658,619 times
Between the dogs and the toddler, the floor is a mine field.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 AM

3,339 posts, read 7,586,240 times
I began doing the old-lady-shuffle walk ages ago, even though physically, I don't need to. It keeps me from stepping on dog toys or sleeping dogs in hallways. Sometimes, I find myself shuffling through stores and just laugh at myself.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:34 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,717,257 times
Ouch! I had a similar experience, my dog likes to leave her toys in doorways and the light pull was a few feet away from the doorway that led to the back door. When I returned from work I didn't see her toy there, and whoops! down I went.

Fortunately the weapon I had in my pocket went flying but didn't discharge. Images of explaining how I shot myself flashed through my mind. "Well, you see I was letting the dogs out..." Right. That sounds believable, if you have fur friends!!

Hope you're okay Tina, I do the shuffle too for the same reason

Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
I began doing the old-lady-shuffle walk ages ago, even though physically, I don't need to. It keeps me from stepping on dog toys or sleeping dogs in hallways. Sometimes, I find myself shuffling through stores and just laugh at myself.
I was told when I got my dog that I needed to shuffle cause I may step on him. He was a tiny 3.5lb Yorkshire Terrier. I kept forgetting and kept stepping on his paws. Anyways, he's over 9lbs now and he watches out for my steps now, and flew out of the way when I went flying down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2 View Post
Ouch! I had a similar experience, my dog likes to leave her toys in doorways and the light pull was a few feet away from the doorway that led to the back door. When I returned from work I didn't see her toy there, and whoops! down I went.

Fortunately the weapon I had in my pocket went flying but didn't discharge. Images of explaining how I shot myself flashed through my mind. "Well, you see I was letting the dogs out..." Right. That sounds believable, if you have fur friends!!

Hope you're okay Tina, I do the shuffle too for the same reason
Sorry to have giggled over your post, but in a way it is funny

Old 12-21-2013, 11:41 AM

22,674 posts, read 28,709,830 times
The first time I stepped on a chew hoof in bare feet was the last time I ever bought chew hooves.

Wyatt McRiot shreds anything and everything he gets a hold of. That limits the toy possibilities for him.

The Papillons are not interested in toys, except that Elvira adores her small squeaky squirrel. She doesn't play with it. She tries to take it outside and leave it there, I try to keep it inside the house. It's a contest that she enjoys.

However, Wyatt also adores the small squeaky squirrel and it is small enough for him to swallow whole, not to mention the rage it provokes in Elvira. So, the small squeaky squirrel has been put up out of reach.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:25 PM

18,852 posts, read 31,713,141 times
Has anyone ever read the ingredient list on a bully stick? Bull Pizzle...never heard it called that before! Sam loved to drag those around the house. He would chew it half up, and hide it for safe keeping. Bully sticks were found all over the house, under the bed, behind the sofa, next to the toy box, he had a stash of half eaten ones every where...

Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Has anyone ever read the ingredient list on a bully stick? Bull Pizzle...never heard it called that before! Sam loved to drag those around the house. He would chew it half up, and hide it for safe keeping. Bully sticks were found all over the house, under the bed, behind the sofa, next to the toy box, he had a stash of half eaten ones every where...
This is like "crack" for a dog. This is made out of bull's testicles~!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,717,257 times
BaBaQ's are crack for all four legs here, yuk. They will run from wherever they are and Joe forgets he hates dogs when I tear open the bag to get some. Bleh. But at least if I step on a piece there's no fear of a visit to the ED and explaining how I injured myself!!

Ben seems to think paper is a suitable toy for puppies, he searches the house for stray pieces to chew. My brother tells me this morning he had help, Judy took a piece from the coffee table and gave it to him. It's not as if they don't have dog toys, they've even stolen the cats' toys, they just get antsy before their AM walk and get into mischief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs