Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times

Advertisements

Anyone taking their dog for pictures with Santa?

We are going to a Canine Christmas Festival this Saturday. Price of admission is a toy, treat, or food for either dogs or cats to be donated to the local animal shelter.

Shadow LOVES Santa.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures with Santa-shadow-santa-3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,030 times
That is the greatest idea! Great picture of your pup. What do you do at a Canine Christmas Festival??? What a great way to get a ticket but to specifically encourage the public to buy toys, treats, and food.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:40 AM

I have not been to this festival before. First Christmas in our new town.

There is going to be a doggie fashion show, a doggie talent show, pics with Santa and there will be some vendors there as well. Here is a link Canine Christmas

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:55 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I have not been to this festival before. First Christmas in our new town.

There is going to be a doggie fashion show, a doggie talent show, pics with Santa and there will be some vendors there as well. Here is a link Canine Christmas

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Sounds like just another excuse for us owners to parade our pups around and coo over each other's dogs. We are pathetic aren't we? I love it. LOL

Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
I wish my puppy can see Santa.... MY girls saw Santa at Wally World.... Sound you gonna have fun.... I wish we had something like that.....Oh well I am just dreaming for a White Christmas.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
kareybear, do you have any big pet supply stores in your area? PetCo, PetsMart, Pet Goods and a slew of other stores are having Santa w/ pets. Even our mall has it (one nite) and a smaller mall has it too (Sat. or Sun. AM, have to check their schedule). Our vet's office has Santa come too. THey charge a nominal fee for the picture and some will even let you take a picture (w/ your camera) as well as long as you do it fast and dont hold up the line. Have seen llamas, cats, etc, all gussied up in their holiday finery. Would call around, the next town over may have Santa, check it out :-)

Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM

575 posts, read 3,693,922 times
What a great picture.

I can see it now, I don't think my dogs will put up with a photo session with Santa They will think he is a decoy.

Though I would love to get their pictures taken wearing antlers and with Santa I don't see that happening.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
I agree, it's an adorable picture.
Would try bribery, it works (seriously!), have them 'stay' and have someone hold a treat (small piece of chicken, steak or cheese) up high while you quickly take the picture, you might want to have a squeak toy nearby to use to get their attention if they get distracted easily. I bet they'd be happy to wear whatever. If it goes better than you think it would have, you might want to take them to see Santa.
PS Sometimes taking them for a short walk before helps tire them out.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Funny, my last dog (a 130 pound doberman/rott cross) was terrified of Santa. This dog just loves him. She is afraid of everything else, but not Santa.

When I heard he was going to be at this I just knew we were going to have to go.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
Default Here's last year's picture

I took my two to see santa last year. it was our christmas card. Jazzy (the b&w) was afraid of santa. she wouldn't sit by his side like parker (the tan and white). I had to push her (gently of course) in front of santa and then quickly jump off the platform so they could take the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures with Santa-parker-jazzy-santa.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs