Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:46 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDog60647 View Post
Teddy needs my help to do basically everything. I help him up and sometimes ease him down. Every now and then he gathers the strength to get up by himself.

He doesn't take his meds any more because he started hiding from me and seemed miserable. He refused to take his vitamins too as his appetite seems nearly gone except for beggin strips, happy hips and steak. He was on Tramadol, Gabapentin, Rimadyl. Still on Neomycin for his eye.

I am in constant contact with the vet. We have been talking about putting Teddy to sleep and I keep calling it off. Its not one outwardly obvious thing but its likely one of his conditions is causing him pain. They cant say for sure and neither can I.

His body is covered in small masses. We did biopsies a short time ago and determined none of them are cancerous.

He is such a fighter though. I'm not sure he wants to give up. He is so cooperative at letting me guide him around. We made an appointment to put Teddy to rest tomorrow but I'm not sure I can go through with it.

Sometimes I look at his face and it seems he is ready. He doesn't seem joyful like he did even just two weeks ago. I can tell his eye is irritating.

But he still follows me around. Yesterday he motion for me to help him up on the couch and then motioned me to help him lay on his side. He is still able to amaze me.
Please read this excellent supportive article. (I know his mother and her Schnauzer) - How to Know When It's Time to Euthanize Your Pet
You have a beautiful furchild. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 11:18 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,524 times
ChicagoDog, I am so very sorry...please know you and Teddy are in my thoughts and prayers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs