Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:32 AM

38 posts, read 63,137 times

Advertisements

I had been giving my Alex Rachael Ray soup bones as a treat. He is a Siberian Husky. He loved them. They have been getting increasingly scarce to find. I contacted customer service and they were less then helpful in locating them. Pretty much downright nasty. I decided to do a little more research and discovered they are manufactured by a company called Ainsworth. I suspect the product is endorsed by Rachael Ray and that is it. Well, Ainsworth is the same company that makes Dad's dog food which is a Wal-Mart staple. Dad's dog food is not a quality product. I would never use it. Not that I am a Rachael Ray fan, I just had believed it was a quality product. I just used the treats not the dog food. I have already been down the jerky route with an "ALL NATURAL" product only to find out the ingredients came from China and are assembled in the United States. Vet bills over $500.00 and one mighty sick dog. Thank God he pulled through. I am very careful about what I buy and make my own food for him at this point. I thought an occasional treat was ok from what I thought was a respectful company. Guess I am just ranting but I do believe in full disclosure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 09:24 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
No, Dad's food isnt quality - the only thing I had heard about RR's dog food is that it has onions (maybe onion flavoring) which is a no-no for dogs. It may have changed though but there's a lot of other quality dog foods on the market, I do switch them from one food to another sometimes but RR's isnt on the list. Thx for the info.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:29 AM

986 posts, read 1,864,448 times
Interesting timing for you to post this, because my mom was watching Rachael's show today and she was on there talking about how her dog food brand is made from all human-grade ingredients. She was really selling how great the quality was. I guess human-grade really doesn't mean anything at all though because a lot of humans eat some really bad quality food.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 PM

482 posts, read 874,544 times
I'm glad your doggie got better. How scary.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:17 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,633,463 times
We must ALWAYS be vigilant when it comes to toys, treats and food for our fur-kids. Period. As we are their ONLY advocate.

I am so glad your Alex pulled through. Because of the "chicken jerky" from China, there have been hundreds of sick dogs, really sick...and way too many have died from their illness. ***HUGE RED FLAG***

If it says "China" anywhere on the packaging, I don't buy it. If someone (grandma) buys them something (toy or treat) that has "China" on the label, into the trash it goes. (She doesn't have to see it go into the trash.) ((Yes, I have explained over and over about the "China" issue but she won't listen. <-- which is surprising because she has a dog and cats, too ...anywho...))

Um...I think we need to see a picture of Alex. Please!

Old 02-11-2014, 06:43 AM

Here is a pic of my little boy. He was a rescue that adopted us. He was about 5 years now he is about 10. He is too funny and came at a time when we didn't know we needed him. Had lost a German Shepherd we had for 13 years and was no way ready (or so I thought.) Guess the powers that be make that decision for you. He has no way replaced my Dutchess( also a rescue) but he is different and just loved as much.
Attached Thumbnails
Rachael Ray Dog Food-img_0006.jpg  

Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutx52 View Post
Here is a pic of my little boy. He was a rescue that adopted us. He was about 5 years now he is about 10. He is too funny and came at a time when we didn't know we needed him. Had lost a German Shepherd we had for 13 years and was no way ready (or so I thought.) Guess the powers that be make that decision for you. He has no way replaced my Dutchess( also a rescue) but he is different and just loved as much.

What a beauty.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:32 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Yep, I read the label and see if it says 'Made in the USA' before I purchase it. I rarely purchase dog treats as I posted on another thread. My dog likes broccoli so I give her that and other vegetables and fruit almost exclusively. It's cheap, fresh, and I know exactly what's in it so I don't have to worry.

As for dog food I have a heck of a time feeding my 10 year old GSD mix, she's VERY picky and has an allergy to something. I have never figured out what but she gets itchy from something, I'm thinking it's possibly gluten or possibly some grain filler. I switched to Pollux and Castor and she liked it so I've gone with that for a while now and she's done well on it.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutx52 View Post
We had a rescue husky, my brother literally found him wandering the streets, and he was one of the funniest dogs we ever had. Sorry about your GSD, we can never replace a lost loved one but having another dog can ease our pain. We euthanized our Chocolate Lab in November and a few weeks later adopted a puppy from a rescue. I'm so glad we did. Our 10 year old GSD mix couldn't be happier and the puppy is a joy to have around.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Posted this in another forum. He loves to sing.

I have a rescue Husky, he is 10 years young. Every hour my clock goes off and he sings to it. Has done it since he came to us about 5 years ago. I have to time my phone conversations off the hour. He gets louder and louder as the clock goes off. I was on the phone and someone once asked me what was wrong with him, I replied nothing he just likes to sing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...55940668505942
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs