Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 12:34 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,060 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to share my experience last night with my Daisy. Let me start by explaining that even though she has no problem with napping with all four feet in the air and all her bits and pieces exposed for all to see, when she is ready for serious sleep she is glued to my side. She sleeps under the covers year round, as close to me as possible , with her nose often buried in my armpit or in the curve of my neck. In the position, she is good for a solid 9 hours of sleep!

Last night we had to sleep in an empty house we are doing repairs on. You can picture it - her and I alone, snuggled up on an air mattress in the corner of the room. It was chilly but instead of crawling under the covers with me as usual, Daisy draped herself across my body as if to say "I will protect you in this strange place!" No amount of coaxing or repositioning moved her - she stayed laying ON me all night. I know she slept some ( she is a snorer) but not deeply. Her head popped up as soon as I moved a fraction.

She is the farthest thing from a guard dog and although she can bark up a storm, she has not shown any aggression and if the truth be told, she would rather run then fight. The thought that she felt protective of me in a strange situation, touched my heart! That is why I love her - she really is my best friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 01:45 PM

729 posts, read 1,504,731 times
They don't have to be guard dogs to want to protect you. My Tucker was never up for a fight and avoided them at all costs but he certainly let me know when the guy I was talking to did not meet his approval. My Truly once guarded my old girl all night because she knew she was dying. Truly didn't even like that dog! She was part of the pack though and she felt responsible.
Good for Daisy.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:11 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,143 times
Yes,dogs are more faithful than many humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs