Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 10,579 times

Advertisements

today we called the vet and they already incenerated him and we´re going to get his ashes in about a week...

Turns out there was harmful chemicals in his food... they didnt say exactly what it was but he must´ve been poisoned...

I dont mean to point fingers but i think Nicole poisoned him because she had to give him back and was mad...

My mom DID over hear that she DOES NOT like to share... And she didnt look to happy when she gave him back... she also gave back everything we gave her with Max so the food was included and that same day we gave max that food... We dont keep harmful chemicals in our house... weve ALWAYS been careful with that even before we had max because of our cats. Weve been doing a little investigating and We are to positive that it was Nicole...

I sure do miss max...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
OMG!!! God bless that dog and remember that dogs, always the protectors, go before us to lead us the way. My condolences for the loss of your loved one.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,933,235 times
You have to be very careful, Back in college, my GF at the time had a beautiful blue Pitbull named Dutch, who had seizures. His were brought on by hitting his head, as he jumped out of a pickup truck that was moving.

From my understanding, she went to get some things from an ex boyfriend, who was a royal jerk. He attempted to remove her car keys, and I think slap her (this was before my time, and the girl was a total liar, so I am not too sure about the accuracy of her story) but anyway Dutch did his thing and jumped out to protect her, unfortunatly she had hit the gas at the same time, and the speed of the truck taking off led to Dutch falling akwardly on the top of his head.

She didnt take Dutch into the vet immediatly, and by the time I began dating her, he would have violent seizures. The scary thing would be, Dutch and I could be be playing with each other or my dog (Mastiff/Rottie mix at the time), then out of no where, he would have a seizure (usually enduced by too much play). When Dutch finished, he was a MEANNNNN blankety blank, so it was imperative to either put him in his crate, or in a locked bathroom for a few minutes after he had an episode. It never lasted more than a few minutes, and over time we got used to it. Nothing the vet prescribed would work, as he had hit his head with enough force, that he was destined to be this way for life.

I eventually quit dealing with the young lady, however she gave me Dutch as she wanted to put him down because of his seizures and irratic behavior in the aftermath of them. Dutch lived for 8 years after that, and had to be put down about 2 years ago because he developed Glaucoma, and was in too much pain to be himself as he could barely see, and was being taken advantage of by other dogs (that was not Dutch, and I could see he was miserable because of this). Do not count any dog out because of seizures, they can still have a good productive life!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I would tell that girl Nicole to her face we know what you did and we will be watching you . put her on alert with her just thinking about it everyday that you are watching her she will be paranoid for a while and I love the idea of making someone uncomfortable like that . If she did do that to your beloved Max then you can rest assured that God has a special place in hell for her . I just tell myself everyday that there are special places for people who are animal abusers . I wish you well and hope you find peace and comfort soon . My condolences on your beloved Max .

Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,198 times
Default dog seizures

hi, i would like to post something about my dog who has had seizures for the last 4 1/2 years. he is 6 now. he was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy and put on phenobarbital and potassium bromide at the lowest level to control the seizures. he didn,t have any for about 5 months and then they started again. they increased both meds and that worked for about 3 months, then more seizures and so on until they couldn,t increase the meds anymore at which time they suggested zonicimide which after using that for the last year it didn,t help either. by the way when he seizures, it is every 3 to 6 weeks and it comes in clusters, usually at night and can be anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes apart for a few hours or all day, sometimes with long breaks in between. with his history, it has always been that if we can get him past 24 hours without one we have been able to leave him unsupervised. up until my recent discovery, there wasn,t much we could do but watch the seizures come one after another after another. what i have found that works for him, that so far has worked everytime in stopping the cluster part of the seizures for our dog anyway is something that everyone has in their home. it is not something you have to buy at a store or get a prescription from a vet for. it is water, plain and simple cold tap water. this is what we do after the first initial seizure he has. i get him up and put a leash on him to stop him from running into things while my wife cleans up any mess he might have made (he weighs 70 pounds). when he stops trying to run and just paces around, i pour the water on his head, always after the seizure, not during. he so far recovers in about 20 minutes and goes back to sleep. what a relief for my wife and me and our beloved pet fudge. if i had known this along time ago, i could have spared him so much unnecessary suffering and us a lot of sleepless nights. it is certainly not a cure, but it works for us. thought i would share our story. tom

Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 988 times
My pitbull pup has just recenlty haveing sezures. I dont know what to do. I do wront want him w to die. He has one almost have every day and there real bad. Im going to brinrg him to the vent.tommarow. Im scared to know whats wrong with him. I hope my little babys going to be okay.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 587 times
My beagle is 5 month's old he started having seizers at 4 months,when he has one he just chomps and foams at the mouth,is that a bad seizers? I will not put him on phenobarbital
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs