U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:36 PM

18,598 posts, read 23,156,163 times

Advertisements

One of my dogs was left at my vet's. Abandoned. She was two. Now she's 14.

He did the right thing and looked for a family for her. He found us.

I can't understand people who do this.

Those who rescue and re-home these animals are special.

Those of us who take them home are blessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 10:43 AM

23,316 posts, read 28,130,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
One of my dogs was left at my vet's. Abandoned. She was two. Now she's 14.

He did the right thing and looked for a family for her. He found us.

I can't understand people who do this.

Those who rescue and re-home these animals are special.

Those of us who take them home are blessed.
I had forgotten that one of my sons and his wife did that, too. They took two dogs to the vet and came home with three.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,741,688 times
we adopted our dog from petfinder. Sweetest chow/shar-pei mix.

She was abused by her original owners, people that do that are evil to the core. petfinder has many nice dogs that need a new home. We got her for 75.00 in TN, which sadly a lot of uneducated people allow their dogs to run loose. procreate etc.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:01 AM

6,048 posts, read 3,860,021 times
It is beyond me why people abandon their pets. Especially when they've had them for a couple of years.

Monday two weeks ago our cat was having a fit and basically led my wife to the back porch window. And laying there on the back porch asleep was this beautiful part German Shepard/Labrador dog (I was working in the back yard the night before and forgot to close the gate). We were sort of hesitant with him at first but he was very friendly. And starving. So I went to the store, got him food, we fed him for a couple of days.

My first inclination was to take him to the pound but with so many abandoned pets the chances of him being adopted is pretty slim. I am certain he was abandoned, had a collar but no tags. My daughter called the pound, several steps to follow if he stays with us. So we took him to the vet today, turns out he is in good health, 2-3 years old, but needs to gain weight, we are working on that.

After many family discussions, we are going to keep him. Probable death for him if we don't and he is such a good dog that just isn't an option. It will be good to have a dog again, our old dog we had for 15 years died several years ago, so ...

Last edited by Weichert; 04-15-2014 at 01:35 AM..

Old 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM

23,316 posts, read 28,130,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
It is beyond me why people abandon their pets. Especially when they've had them for a couple of years.

Monday two weeks ago our cat was having a fit and basically led my wife to the back porch window. And laying there on the back porch asleep was this beautiful part German Shepard/Labrador dog (I was working in the back yard the night before and forgot to close the gate). We were sort of hesitant with him at first but he was very friendly. And starving. So I went to the store, got him food, we fed him for a couple of days.

My first inclination was to take him to the pound but with so many abandoned pets the chances of him being adopted is pretty slim. I am certain he was abandoned, had a collar but no tags. My daughter called the pound, several steps to follow if he stays with us. So we took him to the vet today, turns out he is in good health, 2-3 years old, but needs to gain weight, we are working on that.

After many family discussions, we are going to keep him. Probable death for him if we don't and he is such a good dog that just isn't an option. It will be good to have a dog again, our old dog we had for 15 years died several years ago, so ...
Sounds like he chose you!

Name?

Photos are a necessity here, you know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs