U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 04:10 AM

5,599 posts, read 4,913,524 times

Advertisements

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/document...IEN+TIERCE.pdf

This link should lead you to the arrest warrant w/ more information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 09:18 AM

22,634 posts, read 16,748,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
http://media.nbcbayarea.com/document...IEN+TIERCE.pdf

This link should lead you to the arrest warrant w/ more information.
All I can say, or will say, is that the guy is lucky there's law enforcement. He's DAMN lucky.

Vet tech Cynthia Welch needs to be held accountable, as well. She admitted to seeing the dog in the same position since she started in June 2013. Why the F did that b not say anything to authorities? $%@#^*!! She could have ended that poor dog's suffering a long time ago.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:32 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,088,204 times
5 dogs were removed from the clinic, not including Sid. 3 were euthanized, and 1 of the 3 was the vet's family pet. That means 2 of them are still living and have owners. No information has been released about them or if their owners have been notified and reunited with their dogs. Nor has information been released about the owners being identified and notified about the 2 that were euthanized.

I suspect the only reason they released information about the condition of the vet's dog is because they don't want the vet's customers hearing information about other dogs they might fear are theirs. That's what's additionally horrific about this.

It doesn't just touch the lives of the owners of the 4 dogs, but every single customer who has had a pet PTS or die at the vet's office. Since this has been going on for possibly decades, that's a lot of people who will have this fear in their minds for the rest of their lives.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:57 PM

OMG! Read this!

Missing Dog Nelson Victim Of Texas Clinic, Abusive Vet | North Country Gazette

Multiple rescue groups are involved in a scheme that this vet was involved with.

These people are taunting people by withholding pets and demanding money.

This is a really complicated story, and what I'm quoting below is in the middle of it.

You'll need to read the whole thing to understand it.

Quote:
It appears that the clinic and Tierce and the so-called animal rescues in the Fort Worth area may be involved in a scam, “rescuing” death row dogs for nothing, collecting the monetary pledges which they have gathered from Facebook users trying to help save the dog’s life and then Tierce using the dogs as guinea pigs for experimentation purposes.

It appears that what may have been the plan for Nelson but the adopter was too persistent and involved too many people which in essence insured that Nelson’s life was saved, but at a grave cost to him...

In light of the arrest of the veterinarian and the conditions at the clinic, it appears that this matter may now expand into a national investigation into alleged fraudulent rescues and the scams such as were allegedly being perpetrated at Camp Bowie and to which Nelson and his owner were subjected.

The owner learned Friday that it’s likely that Nelson had been abused and mistreated while at the clinic and although the owner was billed for and paid for services and treatment, it appears that Nelson did not receive the treatment.
As I said, bad people get into the pet business. We can't trust anyone.

Quote:
According to the Facebook thread for Nelson, several hundred dollars in pledges had been made by various individuals to help pay the costs associated in saving Nelson. Unfortunately, it’s a common scenario in the “rescue world” for unscrupulous “rescues” to troll such Facebook pages for death row dogs, tag the dogs for rescue, take the pledge money and abandon the dogs, their fate unknown, although its now known that some of these dogs are being used for experimentation such as the practice at Camp Bowie Animal Clinic.

Last edited by Hopes; 05-03-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Old 05-03-2014, 02:08 PM

The whistleblower is in the above article too and not in a favorable light.

Quote:
When Nelson’s owner had spoken on several occasions with Mary Brewer in January and asked to speak with the vet, Tierce, about Nelson and his condition, she was denied and told that Tierce doesn’t talk with the owners of the animals. She claimed that Nelson was being treated and that medication would be sent with him upon his release. It wasn’t although the owner paid for same.

When the owner asked for a prescription to be written for heartworm preventative for Nelson, a standard request and procedure for a a vet, Brewer refused, saying that the clinic didn’t write prescriptions and that he’d “been given his monthly heartworm treatment” but there was no proof or evidence of hta.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:22 PM

I'm still reading this article. It's really long and complex. It spans different states. There are pictures documenting where the rescues keep the dogs. The police didn't take action, etc. Multiple rescue groups, multiple vets, advertising dogs pulled from kill shelters to get donations, etc. It's insane. The transporters are kidnapping dogs from people!

And this is the story of one dog lost in these rescue scams!

Old 05-03-2014, 04:47 PM

5,599 posts, read 4,913,524 times
I've just read the article, and boy, what a convoluted mess. Very confusing. I feel so sorry for that poor dog. No wonder he has anxiety issues. I don't understand, with all the homeless pets out there, why this poor creature has been shuffled from state to state.

And yes, Mary Brewer doesn't sound as heroic anymore, and has certainly contributed to causing misery for dogs. The whole situation stinks to high heaven.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:10 PM

3,229 posts, read 4,193,682 times
Well, the for-profit Medical/Pharmaceutical INDUSTRY is keeping PEOPLE alive (frequently against their will, and against the wishes of their families), because of profit motives.

So, why should anyone be surprised when veterinarians do similar things with animals?

Old 05-03-2014, 07:01 PM

741 posts, read 1,384,440 times
I couldn't read the story either, and I didn't want to see a picture of the poor dog that would haunt me all nite. Yes, stay with your pet and take him/her home to be buried.

I can't imagine the vet taking blood from these animals; after all most of them are old, sick and dying. At this stage they must have a very poor grade of blood. How will that help another?

Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 AM

22,634 posts, read 16,748,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMG! Read this!

Missing Dog Nelson Victim Of Texas Clinic, Abusive Vet | North Country Gazette

Multiple rescue groups are involved in a scheme that this vet was involved with.

These people are taunting people by withholding pets and demanding money.

This is a really complicated story, and what I'm quoting below is in the middle of it.

You'll need to read the whole thing to understand it.

As I said, bad people get into the pet business. We can't trust anyone.
This makes me feel violent. These rescues have preyed on people who give what they typically don't have to save an animal...and then they pull this $%^ with the money? GD I wish I still had my Facebook page that I used to have that had tons and tons and tons of regulars. I would blast this all over that page...make it a sticky. They have the nerve to call themselves rescues...bunch of low level scum. Absolute, worthless scum. I hope they all land in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or