Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 07:25 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

I see American judges aren't the only ones who let animal abuser walk free. around the world we need to make sure these cowards are brought to justice and serve time for their cruelty. I think the more public pressure brought to our judicial systems the more sensitive judges will be to animal cruelty cases and do the right thing...especially if they are up for re election.

Six-Year-Old Saves Overbred Boxer Left to Die | Life With Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 07:30 PM

30,526 posts, read 16,222,191 times
oh that poor dog.

I just can't imagine how someone could sleep at night knowing where the dog was and what she was going through.

At least she's in good hands now.

Some consolation.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:48 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I don't understand how people can choose to purposely starve a dog they no longer want. There are humane alternatives. What's stopping them from dropping the dog off at a shelter claiming they found it?

Old 05-09-2014, 05:02 AM

We are very naive to think that all people who go into dog breeding business are dog lovers or even animal lovers.Apparently it is easy for some to completely disregard they are living, loving creatures and not a source of income.
I was that way about adoption agencies. I thought anybody who would go into adoption business had to be a good loving person who wanted only what was best for the child. I had a very cold wake up call about that.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:41 AM

30,526 posts, read 16,222,191 times
There's an expression/saying : the more I know about people, the more I like dogs.

That's where I am right now.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:42 AM

Can't rep you PA hippo but I'm with you. These stories make me cringe. That is one reason why I love all the many wonderful rescue stories. They restore my faith in mankind. So many selfless folks transporting, rescuing, fostering, reporting abuses, donating how they can. This is what keeps me going.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Unfortunately, many people who go into the rescue business are also unsavory. I posted an article in the vampire vet thread about it. They do fundraisers to help rescued animals, like the one in this story, but the money doesn't go to the animals.

There was one who had cages upon cages in her garage and the dogs were in deplorable condition. She was using the dogs to fundraise, and she even extorted money out of people by holding pets hostage. The worst part is there can be good people involved in these unsavory rescue groups who have no idea they are literally helping an abuser make money off of these animals.

That's what I think of when I read these wonderful rescue stories. The thought even crossed my mind when I read this one. This beautiful family rescued this dog and handed it over to a rescue that may or may not be legitimate. The "send donations" sentence at the end of the story made my cringe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs