Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

maybe more judges are hearing the public when we complain about slap on the wrist for animal abuse. We need to keep it up.

Man gets jail term for tossing hot sauce on dog - FOX 13 News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 05:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I doubt he'll serve the whole year. He'll probably get time off for good behavior and be out in a month.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:29 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,792 times
Posted this on the Sarasota site. Wish I could have put the article there but I don't know how to do that.

What a scum bag to my way of thinking..

Last edited by abbara; 05-02-2014 at 09:03 PM..

Old 05-03-2014, 02:29 PM

30,521 posts, read 16,213,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I doubt he'll serve the whole year. He'll probably get time off for good behavior and be out in a month.
yea but he now has a prison record.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Hope a lot of this neighbors have been made aware of him.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
I am NOT condoning what the guy did, but I do really get tired of hearing about scenarios where it's a couple and one of them has a pet the other one doesn't like and the pet-owning parter expects the other to tolerate everything about it, even if the pet gets into their food, chews their phone, makes a lot of irritating noise, or the animal-loving partner seems to dote on the pet more than their boyfriend/girlfriend. On some level I think that's wrong and is disrespectful.

Now understand--as a general rule, I tend to say that people should pair with their "own kind" in this way; that is, someone who finds a certain pet annoying should NEVER enter into a relationship with one who is a pet lover, and the reverse is also applicable. The pet lover will either get tired of hearing their mate "whine" (to them) about how annoying the pet is, but also the one who isn't crazy about pets will get tired of the other doting on the pet more than them and always expecting them to tolerate aggravating things the pet does. Simply enough, someone who loves (say) a cat ought to be able to have a cat, but at the same time if someone doesn't like a cat around because they get sick of it eating their food on the table and feel like a prisoner in their own house, then a pet lover asking them tolerate that is being disrespectful on some level I think.

If you get married--your mate comes first, NOT your pet. Period. Better than that, DON'T get married until the two of you agree on how it's going to be once you are.

Me: I can tolerate dogs or cats, but it goes like this--the dog is NEVER to be in the house and it can't be a constant barker, the cat cannot be jumping on the kitchen table getting into my food everytime I neglect to put something away. I'm not going to accept the premise that if a cat gets into my food or a dog chews my phone, it was my fault for being "neglectful" in leaving those items laying around. Any of that sort of thing causes me to feel like a prisoner in my own house, and feel like the pet has more rights here than I do. Thankfully my wife, for the most part anyway, shows respect for how I feel, and we recently got 2 bunnies because this way she has something furry and cute she can pet but it's not in the house destroying anything, and they don't make a lot of noise or require a lot of social interaction.

In like manner, I am thinking of a married couple I know, they have a dog but not a cat. Periodically the daughter, around age 5, would plead with the wife/mother that she wanted a cat, but they didn't, and the reason--because the husband/father was allergic, and it would be disrespectful to ask him to tolerate the presence of a cat that caused him that much distress. The wife/mother was very much on-board with this, as opposed to her and the daughter "ganging up" on the husband/father and nagging him and saying what a jerk he was for not letting them have a cat, even though it would cause his allergies to break out.

THAT is how you do it. And that, to me, is more of a solution to problems like this than harsher jail sentences. Stop expecting people to tolerate pets they can't tolerate, and if you can't live without your dog or cat, don't hook up with a woman or man who feels differently than you. There are plenty enough of both types to go around for everybody. Quit entering into situations that aren't a good match.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:12 AM

How ever much you try,you can never excuse CRUELTY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs