U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:25 PM

9,195 posts, read 11,677,210 times

Advertisements

To those who feel Purina is wrong because their food sucks, let me ask you this:
What if the roles were reversed and BB was suing Purina over false advertsing and failure to disclose ingredoients, would you feel that BB had some nerves suing Purina?

This has nothing to do with Purina's quality, this has everything to do with a manufacture of pet food lying to the public about their ingredients; Pure and Simple!!!!!!! I for one do not use Purina products, but I am GLAD and FULLY SUPPORT Purina suing any pet food manufacture who lies to us just like I would support a lawsuit against Purna if they lied about their food to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 AM

6,143 posts, read 12,539,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
To those who feel Purina is wrong because their food sucks, let me ask you this:
What if the roles were reversed and BB was suing Purina over false advertsing and failure to disclose ingredoients, would you feel that BB had some nerves suing Purina?

This has nothing to do with Purina's quality, this has everything to do with a manufacture of pet food lying to the public about their ingredients; Pure and Simple!!!!!!! I for one do not use Purina products, but I am GLAD and FULLY SUPPORT Purina suing any pet food manufacture who lies to us just like I would support a lawsuit against Purna if they lied about their food to the public.

Purina does lie. They are one of the biggest offenders.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:13 AM

45 posts, read 65,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post

GREETINGS!!!! how are you! please tell us what life is like up there and never ever having seen the vast array of tv, radio and print ads which we have been subject to for YEARS, DO check them out during your visit, you will be intrigued!!!
sincerely,
the earthlings

Old 05-20-2014, 12:21 PM

9,195 posts, read 11,677,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Purina does lie. They are one of the biggest offenders.
So, what differnece does it make when exposing fraud that can potentialy harm our pets? Is there a standard one must meet in order to be allowed to take action for pet food manufacturing decption?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyOf5 View Post
GREETINGS!!!! how are you! please tell us what life is like up there and never ever having seen the vast array of tv, radio and print ads which we have been subject to for YEARS, DO check them out during your visit, you will be intrigued!!!
sincerely,
the earthlings
First, when you resort to personal attacks it shows how inmature you really are.

You seem to feel that an offender should be allowed to walk if the accuser is also bad. By your rasoning, a person has no right to report, complain or expose a dog fighting operation if they happen to be a puppy mill operator. Do we really care more about who is the one exposing fraud that can harm our pets or do we care more about the fraud being committed aganst our pets.

If someone wants to haul Purina to court over false and deceptive advertising, packaging or disclosure I will support them as well. My support for the one exposing anything that can harm a pet does not mean I support the products they themself sell; it means just what I said, I'm happy that fraud is being exposed for the benefit of the pets who can not speak.

Last edited by Rabrrita; 05-20-2014 at 12:35 PM..

Old 05-20-2014, 12:55 PM

11,628 posts, read 7,199,518 times
I think that the reason Purina is taking action is that BB actually tries to do product "comparisons" that cast other pet food companies (such as Purina) in a relatively unfavorable light, on their website for instance.

Purina might go on and on about how great it is, but I haven't seen side-by-side comparisons where it attempted to make other brands seem inferior.

It's like BB said "Challenge YOUR pet food to be as good as ours!"

And Purina was like, "Really??"

It's funny too, some of these premium brands act like grain free is the new holy grail but nobody's saying if potatoes are somehow better. It's all cheapo plant based filler...they're just swapping one kind for another. It's like, you know what? Doughnuts, they're pretty fattening. Eat a pancake instead.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM

45 posts, read 65,264 times
sarcasm to point out the irony is taken for "personal attack" when i know the least thing about you, quoting what you posted in one post? these quotes were bolded

Quote:
any pet food manufacture who lies to us
if you don't get the sarcasm, how anyone who has sat through even one of those deceptive commercials can't see the pot calling the kettle black for damage control, apparently their ploy is working after all. wouldnt feed blue if they paid me either. they are all full of it, the best liar wins.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:11 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,029,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Both my pooches eat Blue Buffalo and are doing really well on it.
Well, mine wasn't. He was at first but then months later started eating grass like no tomorrow, which wasn't normal for him. I got worried and was thinking about what is going on with him when I met someone who told me her friend had issues with BB and her Vet told her to take her dog off of BB immediately and long story short...I decided to switch. I switched to Purina One Smartblend, but now I'm having issues with him vomiting. Once in a blue moon he vomits if he eats grass but this is rare especially when he vomited 2 days in a row. Thinking it is the food perhaps and now undecided what to feed him since he's been on more foods than I can count~!

Old 02-07-2015, 08:29 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,372,542 times
I've finally gone to home cooking for them. And they are doing great! They are 23-26 lb dogs and get 1 cup 2 xday
They get 25% protein (mackerel), 25% sweet potato, baked and cut up, and the rest dark green veggies, the darker the better. One of mine had stomach upsets and developed a yeast infection on commercial food, so we switched.

I brush pre-microwaved sweet potato with a bit of good olive oil, sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning and cinnamon and bake.
They also get vitamins, turmeric, ginger and ground flaxseed.

There's too much uncertainty for me with commercial food (although there are some very good foods on the market).

Old 02-07-2015, 08:39 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,029,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I've finally gone to home cooking for them. And they are doing great! They are 23-26 lb dogs and get 1 cup 2 xday
They get 25% protein (mackerel), 25% sweet potato, baked and cut up, and the rest dark green veggies, the darker the better. One of mine had stomach upsets and developed a yeast infection on commercial food, so we switched.

I brush pre-microwaved sweet potato with a bit of good olive oil, sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning and cinnamon and bake.
They also get vitamins, turmeric, ginger and ground flaxseed.

There's too much uncertainty for me with commercial food (although there are some very good foods on the market).
I have thought about cooking for him, but I don't eat meat nor wish to cook it. Been meatless for over 30 years ~! I do now and then make treats for him. I thought if you cook for a dog they need special vitamins in it like calcium or some special powdered vitamin added from something I read about on some site~?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:24 PM

839 posts, read 1,033,586 times
I give my Dobe the BB Duck and Salmon dry. He is 3 years old and hasn't had an upset stomach or loose stools since he was a puppy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or