Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:03 AM

537 posts, read 1,242,844 times

Advertisements

This morning, I took Mar on his morning walk, and we went our usual route. Of course, right as he squats on someone's lawn, the homeowner comes out to lock his door and leave for work. I feel awkward, so I try to crack a joke.

Me: Sorry, I'm sure this is the last thing you want to see in the morning.
Him: Yeah, that is the last thing I want to see in the morning.
Me: (I awkwardly laugh, because I am unsure if he's sarcastic)
Him: That's actually not funny. Dogs belong on a farm.

I didn't say anything else. I just pick up Mar's poo and walk away. Part of me gets it. Who wants a dog doing is business on their lawn?

Of course, I'll try to have Mar go somewhere else, but am I supposed to designate certain spots for Mar to go? I didn't think it was a big deal as long as I picked it up.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:13 AM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,903 times
You curbed the dog, no issue in my book. The dog owners that apologize and leave the poop are the problem IMO.

I have two dogs, but it still bugs when when I find dog poop in the front yard that isn't from my dogs. It's rude.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
If he objects to dogs going on his lawn and the owner picking it up, well, then he can get an effing fence.

I HATE people who freak out about dogs going on their lawn when the owner is responsible and picks stuff up. It's just control freak lunacy. People living in suburban Jersey are used to finding small piles of deer and geese poop on their lawns, so most of them tend to be pretty laid back about it. And everyone's a dog lover in Colorado - some have signs requesting you not leave poop on their grass though.

Either don't have a lawn, put up a fence or live so far out that nobody will walk their dog past. When I grew up in semi-rural NJ, there was nobody walking their dog around the neighborhood, but there was plenty of deer, rabbit and raccoon poop all over. Not to mention the beer cans from all the drunks in the neighborhood.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
This morning, I took Mar on his morning walk, and we went our usual route. Of course, right as he squats on someone's lawn, the homeowner comes out to lock his door and leave for work. I feel awkward, so I try to crack a joke.

Me: Sorry, I'm sure this is the last thing you want to see in the morning.
Him: Yeah, that is the last thing I want to see in the morning.
Me: (I awkwardly laugh, because I am unsure if he's sarcastic)
Him: That's actually not funny. Dogs belong on a farm.

I didn't say anything else. I just pick up Mar's poo and walk away. Part of me gets it. Who wants a dog doing is business on their lawn?

Of course, I'll try to have Mar go somewhere else, but am I supposed to designate certain spots for Mar to go? I didn't think it was a big deal as long as I picked it up.

Your own lawn would be the best in my opinion.
We love animals and have them but we never allow our dog to leave any gifts in someone else's lawn.
It is just rude, even when picked up.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM

I don't understand how it's rude when I have no control over my dog's bodily functions, especially when we go on long walks. Am I supposed to just keep on tugging him when nature calls? That's reversing all the work I put into potty training him.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
I don't understand how it's rude when I have no control over my dog's bodily functions, especially when we go on long walks. Am I supposed to just keep on tugging him when nature calls? That's reversing all the work I put into potty training him.
And that's the problem with many dog owners.

Walk him around your own yard and let him dump it there.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:38 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times
I try to keep a schedule with my dog. I put her out into the backyard for several minutes before we go on a walk. Since she knows the schedule, she most often goes in her own yard. She doesn't like pooping in public (kinda funny LOL) so she will hold it while on walks if she has to go and unfortunately she will hold it sometimes until it gets really soft and she has to go! That is tough to pick up, but I try my best. I can get her to pee on command but no poop!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:54 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,496,320 times
No one can pick all of the poop from a dog,
and you can not pick up the urine they leave behind.

The stink and contaminations smeared on the grounds which is still left behind,
and after a while animal after animal and it gets horrible.

If you believe it is ok and no problem then after you finish picking it all up
then take up the grass or wipe over the place the urine and poop was with a rag.
Now smell of it and then wipe it on your face and lips.

Now think again.

let your animal do it's business in your own yard, and you live with all of the
smells and left overs then walk it around out of our yards and property.

Same way with a park they do their business and then children play in it,
and grownups walk in it and now the poison is on their shoes.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
No one can pick all of the poop from a dog,
and you can not pick up the urine they leave behind.

The stink and contaminations smeared on the grounds which is still left behind,
and after a while animal after animal and it gets horrible.

If you believe it is ok and no problem then after you finish picking it all up
then take up the grass or wipe over the place the urine and poop was with a rag.
Now smell of it and then wipe it on your face and lips.

Now think again.

let your animal do it's business in your own yard, and you live with all of the
smells and left overs then walk it around out of our yards and property.

Same way with a park they do their business and then children play in it,
and grownups walk in it and now the poison is on their shoes.

Thank you. That was a beautiful poem.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:20 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times
Yea, we should just live in a sterile land where people lay plastic tarps down under all animals that unload outside. Make sure to spray the grass with Lysol when done. We also need to spray DDT in the air to kill all of the birds who keep flying overhead each day defecating on the grass. Kill the bunnies and deer too. God forbid a fat little kid might decide to stop playing video games and walk outside once a month and possibly make contact with an animal germ /gasp!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs