Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:56 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I don't have Eagle pack in the our PETCO. He is being fed Solid Gold Hund n Flocken. Unfortunately, that will last at least 6 months since I bought the 16 lb bag.
You won't find Eagle Pack at any chain stores, need to hit up their website and go to the mom/pop stores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 PM

376 posts, read 1,809,289 times
I just tried trimming my dog (llhasa/Shih tzu mix) for the very first time. I have a nice Wahl clipper set, and using the longest guide, I didn't do too badly. I actually did it in "20 minute sessions" - sitting on the couch in his favorite spot and didn't need a table or noose setup, but my dog is very laid back. It was easy to tell when he was getting fed up with the procedure and needed a break. I think the important thing is that I did a very thorough grooming prior to using the clippers -- there were no mats or knots for the clippers to get stuck in and freak us both out. I used grooming scissors (the type with the blunted ends) to trim around his eyes, muzzle, foot pads and sensitive anatomy -- he was very good with that pretty much lying still, and as long as I patted him every few minutes, he was fine. I didn't trim very much off, maybe 1/2 inch and he looks fine. I certainly don't want to do it all the time but if it saves me 1 trip out of 4 to the groomers, that is fine. Gentleness and patience will get the job done

Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,206 times
Default DIY puppycut

I've followed a range of articles to help me perfect my dog's annual puppy-cut:

[url=http://www.bettaliving.org/Articles/April_2010/Dog_grooming.html]Dog grooming[/url]

[url=http://www.dog-spoiling-made-easy.com/DogGroomingProducts.html]Dog Grooming Tools that make Do-It-Yourself dog grooming a snap![/url]

Just be careful when handling scissors and poor rover's delicate ears!!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM

385 posts, read 859,056 times
Whew!!! Am I happy to be wrong on this one, I thought you were talking of doing the ears or tail by your self , I was fixin to go nuke on you , but decided to READ FIRST and then react
Sorry I doubted you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs