Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:46 PM

256 posts, read 342,909 times

Advertisements

I live in florida and use brewers yeast for fleas on my dogs, and he never has them. But I still use heartworm pills. Fleas aren't as big of a problem as heartworms, and easier to treat naturally. Its sad hearing a dog died from Trifexis because i've given it to my dog before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
www.motherearthnews.com/.../how-to-use-diatomaceous-<a href="http://www.motherearthnews.com/.../how-to-use-diatomaceous-earth" target="_blank">earth-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

http://www.safesolutionsinc.com/Diatomaceous_Earth.htm

Everyone should know about "DE" and all of the really wonderful properties it has. It's TOTALLY NONTOXIC and is fatal to any insects that come into contact with it. It works by mechanical action. If we see a flea we just dust the dogs and presto, no more fleas. I spread a little around the house and sweep it under the quarter round and in all the cracks and crevices and it kills all of the bugs in the house. I bought a house where the owner said there was nothing that could get rid of these little ants that got in. OH YA??? I spread a little around and never saw a single ant again. We put DE in our animals food and the result of that is NO PARASITES in the GI system. I mean NONE. WE are poodle breeders and we check our puppies before they go out and they have never had any worms. Can you imagine? When you give your ***** poison worming meds the puppies still have worms when they are born because the poison is not totally effective. DE also has a high level of dietary silica which gives the dogs great skin and fur. It detoxifies the GI tract as it absorbs many toxins. It's just a fantastic product. My wife spreads it around the backyard and there are very few bugs around out there. It's extremely inexpensive. I buy a 50 pound bag of human grade DE for $50. That lasts us about a year and we use it liberally plus we give a good sized sample to all my wife's grooming and teeth cleaning customers.

WE both take a tablespoon of DE per day in a smoothie. I have no parasites for sure and great digestion, good skin and good hair, {Little that I have} LOL

I don't know why the links are not working but please google DE. It's something every dog owner should be using.

Last edited by lucknow; 08-01-2014 at 11:16 AM..

Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
I've heard of people using DE to try and treat fleas but I've never seen anything that said it could be used to prevent heartworms.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:55 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
I've heard of people using DE to try and treat fleas but I've never seen anything that said it could be used to prevent heartworms.
It won't prevent heartworms. I never treat my dogs for heartworms. Instead I test them for heartworms. It's not difficult to treat if caught early. Surprisingly, the exact same med is used to treat it as is to prevent it. For a very interesting read, goggle "Heartworms, the billion dollar scam".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs