Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 666 times

Advertisements

I stumbled upon this picture & I'm probably really late judging by dates of post! Your dog looks exactly like my dog & I have a Pit Bull! ❤❤❤
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 09:42 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Nothing warms my heart more than a sleeping dog who knows he's safe, warm, and well fed.

Sweet dreams, Preston.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:38 AM

34,089 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratay View Post
He's now 8 months old and about 60 pounds.
He looks just like my Cheech (see profile)
He's now almost 18mo's and right at 80lbs

According to our Vet...
the front half is Border Collie and the back half is Black Lab.
Attached Thumbnails
Can you help me determine what breed by dog is?-cheech-60lbs-6months.jpeg  

Old 12-29-2017, 05:38 PM

2,332 posts, read 1,998,652 times
My guess would be Lab mix with border collie, based on appearances. It could be another hound type rather than lab - but something bigger than a BC. The color is the primary thing that makes me think BC, and the energy level adds some validation to that. The skull shape, body shape, and weight speak of a larger dog - Lab, German Short-Haired pointer, something like that. Could be a pit type, but I'd expect more blockiness of the skull and frame if that were the case. And the pup could just be a heinz 57 who happens to look like those other breeds!

Old 12-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
This is a very old post but if that dog arrived in our shelter it would be typed a "hound mix".

Very cute face!

Old 12-30-2017, 07:12 AM

2,332 posts, read 1,998,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
My guess would be Lab mix with border collie, based on appearances. It could be another hound type rather than lab - but something bigger than a BC. The color is the primary thing that makes me think BC, and the energy level adds some validation to that. The skull shape, body shape, and weight speak of a larger dog - Lab, German Short-Haired pointer, something like that. Could be a pit type, but I'd expect more blockiness of the skull and frame if that were the case. And the pup could just be a heinz 57 who happens to look like those other breeds!
OY! WHO WOKE UP THIS POST!
We're talking a ten year old thread! Augh.

Well, I guess it's just best to take MyNameIsBellaMia's tagline advice:

Never mind! lolol

Old 01-23-2018, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 543 times
This dog looks like a classic McNab. Amazing dogs. Google them. There are several FB groups dedicated to this breed. They are often accused of being a border collie, but they are merely cousins and have (IMHO) much better traits!!

Old 02-09-2018, 03:51 PM

1,201 posts, read 803,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratay View Post
Wow, thanks everyone for your responses! I'll think about DNA testing, but it doesn't really matter what he is, I was just curious if I was missing something obvious. He does indeed have webbed feet and likes the water and definitely has a bird fetish, so there's some sort of hunting dog in there. Thanks again, I really enjoyed reading all your comments....please continue to post if you have any ideas.

Happy Holidays!
The dog DNA tests are not accurate. Don't waste your money. He's a mutt - looks like some hound and maybe lab. What's most important, since you adopted him, is what he is NOT! You dodged a bullet. He's cute. Enjoy him.

Old 02-09-2018, 03:53 PM

1,201 posts, read 803,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna_watts View Post
I stumbled upon this picture & I'm probably really late judging by dates of post! Your dog looks exactly like my dog & I have a Pit Bull! ❤❤❤
The original posters dog is NOT a pit bull! It doesn't have the beady little reptilian eyes, nor the big gaping Joker mouth, or the big head; it has long, houndy ears, big sweet, soft eyes, a gentle looking face, and a head well proportioned to its body.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:21 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna_watts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
The original posters dog is NOT a pit bull! It doesn't have the beady little reptilian eyes, nor the big gaping Joker mouth, or the big head; it has long, houndy ears, big sweet, soft eyes, a gentle looking face, and a head well proportioned to its body.
Shauna, while I am not on board with what sounds like a serious case of pit bull hate, I agree with Otto: the OP's dog looks nothing like a pit bull, other than the fact that pits are sometimes black and white. If your dog looks EXACTLY like the pics in the original post, someone either intentionally misled you about his or her breed, or just didn't know any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs