Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:17 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,666 times

Advertisements

How many people in here breed dogs?

Where do you list for sale if not all sold by word of mouth or inquiry's from your own website?

So many sites that sell dogs and unsure of which ones are good and which are just out to get money..

I am very picky on who sell to and do checks and only sell on contract which some dislike but oh well if want the dog agree to contract or go someplace else as this in best interest of my pups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
I did breed but long before computers or internet came into my life.....
I did give away a dog thru the internet & got Katie via the internet.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:22 AM

I had a police officer contact me a year ago and emailed him as was ready to donate a puppy to him and never got response back. My towns Dept. only wants a GSD so they out.

I bought my female through the net and know that site and not very costly $44.00 for 2 months, but many I seen want potential buyers to also pay to look at ads.

I have advertised in some of my bloodhound groups and had some come through my site.1 lady wanted to trade pup for pup but wanted a liver and tan.Said if not find one would take mine in return for stud fee in 1 1/2 years when wanted to breed again.

I have had people call and go nuts saying to expensive only $650.00 for AKC registered,show and SAR lines, dew claws removed,microchipped shots,wormer and if close help training..

They think they should get for 200 but look at people who pay 1000 for mutts.

Just want safe reliable site get enough hits to make sure pups go to homes they deserve and not some nut job who may abuse.
I have talked so many out of these dogs by telling them the truth on how hard to raise and the active life they lead,where some think lay on porch dogs they portray on TV.

Thank You for response Katie and Merry Christmas from my Family to yours.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:05 AM

Katies breeder placed an add in her local paper & they put the adds on the internet. So it was not a breeders wed site. I did buy a Lab here and was able to go to the Grandparents/breeders web to see lots of pics of dogs in her bloodline. If I was still breeding I would have a web site for pure brags...would still want to meet the people in person...no shipping! But thats just me.
Love to see your web site & dogs......Happy Hollidays to you & yours!

Old 12-24-2007, 09:16 PM

I actually want people to come to house if can so meet all the dogs and pups and so I get a feel for them also..Some do not realize how big these dogs actually are or how much a bulldozer and drool slingers they really are. Papers here being small town northwoods probably not get response as under 2500 people and farm country..Bear hunters may like em but like said sell on contract and if even a hint going to cross breed the spay/neuter clause is checked. Very rare willl they go on open registration. I may try Eau Claire area papers see what response comes of it.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:58 PM

Thanks Dream for sharing with me..consider posting pic here I am sure others would love to see them!! Happy Hollidays [you just made my day!]

Old 12-24-2007, 10:08 PM

This area at one time was small...lots of farms & few people. I guess thats why I breed herding dogs. Most of my earlier pups became true farm dogs. With lots of natural herding instanct. Katie came from such an inviroment. One day I may take her to be tested. Tho I have never done offical tests for herding before.
When are you planning another breeding? Maybe you could advertise in a mag/paper for policemen??

Old 12-25-2007, 05:41 AM

Next breeding not for another year and 1 in a year and a half. I may contact state Police association see if get a contact or 2 there as donate 1 this litter and see how many get next breeding see how many then.

Here farmers use alot of blue heelers and alot of these just farm bred no papers nothing but the farmers here not care as long as can bring cows to barn and keep bull away.

Will get some litter pics and post here and in my own site soon..
They are 2 1/2 weeks starting to walk and 1 has attitude growling at me. lol

Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 PM

Dream when you post start a new thread....New bloodhound pups or some thing. Cause me thinks this thread is dead. Well it is just the 2 of us & I am sure you want others to see your beautiful babies!!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:38 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
We are not breeders, but have a good friend who does breed GSDs.

The breeder maintains a website Moderator cut: no links to websites like this - constitutes advertisingand we simply placed an ad in the newspaper (Oklahoman) for our pups pointing to that website.

There are webrings with websites of specific breeds or geographical areas and one can easily peruse breeders from all over america and even european countries.

Its amazing what some people charge for dogs nowadays. I've seen GSD from $1K to $2400 per puppy.

And yorkies are also outrageously priced. But if you go to a dog shows, you can always find the reason why. Some people do a great job of breeding to improve on the breed.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-28-2007 at 05:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs