Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
Yes, I can 3 13.04%
Nope, deal with it 20 86.96%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times

Advertisements

My exboyfriend and his friends said they would aways get attention from women when walking my Maltese. When you see big guys walking this cute little dog, you can't help but look twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
My exboyfriend and his friends said they would aways get attention from women when walking my Maltese. When you see big guys walking this cute little dog, you can't help but look twice.
True! It's funny, but I get a lot of attention from men (as well as women) when I have my little foster fluffball. He is 11 week old Papillon and is just plain stinkin' cute. On our recent trip to the vet, this middle aged gentleman was in awe of his cuteness.

My foster's vet (male in his early 50's) just melts when I bring him in. Last visit the vet sat on the bench cuddling my boy and commented that he could just do that all day. On our first visit he was only 1.8# and now he is up to 2.6#. Guys have a soft spot for the little fluffies, too!

Old 08-31-2014, 10:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What if the woman isn't an animal lover? I've heard a lot of animal bashing comments on this forum from women who think having children is the only important thing.
For men who are trying to attract a woman, owning a dog is in their favor because more women love animals than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Also, a lot of women aren't heterosexual. I don't think a person should assume women behave/look a certain way just because of their gender. Although individuals also make assumptions about men, it seems to be more common to stereotype women i.e. they are more emotional, they are less rational, they are bad drivers, they are obsessed with their appearance, weight, etc. . .
This is all irrelevant to a dog being a chick magnet.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Still can't get beyond the "Ladies" part....

Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Yeah, the whole question was a little condescending, but I manned up and answered it anyway.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

You see puppies everyday, probably have puppies of your own, yet when you see one on the block you go into a 2 minute trance saying "awww" and "look at that puppieeeee."

I like dogs, but I don't get it.
Well I think a 2 minute trance is a little overdoing it, but of course we love to see puppies, just like babies. It is the maternal instinct in us: that is a good thing, not a bad thing. Heck hubby goes nuts over puppies and kittens as well. Of course he has a pet sitting business, so I guess it goes without saying he loves animals. BTW, it doesn't have to be a puppy, almost any dog, if friendly get my attention.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

You see puppies everyday, probably have puppies of your own, yet when you see one on the block you go into a 2 minute trance saying "awww" and "look at that puppieeeee."

I like dogs, but I don't get it.
I just said "awwwww" when I saw that pic.

I will typically ask the puppy how he/she is doing today. "Hello little puppers, how are you today? Enjoying your walk? Seen anything exciting today?"

I also typically fail to acknowledge the owner even exists. I say my greetings to the cute little puppy, and then I go on my way.

(As a side note, I do NOT gush over babies. I only discuss the day with animals...puppies, kittens, adult animals, wild animals...doesn't matter.)

You can guess that I voted, "No, deal with it."

Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 AM

438 posts, read 269,534 times
^^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

I really didn't think twice about "Ladies". These days, I'm just relieved the question didn't start with "Bi*ches"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs