U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 01:59 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,082,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
anybody naive enough to say this could never happen at a petsmart is sadly deluded. People everywhere can be improperly trained, distracted or just plain incompetent. I'm sure it happens more than we realize.
If they don't use box dryers (WHICH THEY DON'T) then, no, the death referenced in the original story that you quoted can't happen at a PetSmart. How about you stop spreading disinformation? No delusion here, but rather first hand information as my wife has been a dog groomer for years and managed a PetSmart saloon for several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 02:13 PM

7,330 posts, read 13,181,483 times
I have nothing against Petsmart groomers. I'm familiar with groomers at several Petsmarts through doing adoption events, and I've never seen any problems. BUT, at this particular Petsmart on this particular day, something apparently did go tragically wrong. The video says nothing about a box dryer being used. It says the back room was very hot. I don't understand how it could have happened, but as no kudzu said, bad things can happen at any company. Your wife's Petsmart may have had excellent management, but it's silly to say there isn't a single Petsmart in the US where things aren't run as well as they should be.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:52 PM

185 posts, read 191,178 times
That's information we all needed. Hope that this helps the owner of the doggie that passed away.

No matter how a dog is lost its sad. It's a loss for the whole family.

I can't image why anyone would start a rumor like that..I hope all of the big box prt stores r ran the same. The one near me is owned by a group of vets. Yet the groomer section is rented out. It was always full and over booked the groomers were different every time .

Now I take my pets to my vets for the groomers there who are certified trained groomers. As with many a liscence is needed to run a business yet a lot of staff are trainees.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:56 PM

36,479 posts, read 43,601,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
How about you stop spreading disinformation? No delusion here, but rather first hand information as my wife has been a dog groomer for years and managed a PetSmart saloon for several years.
It happened. Not disinformation at all.

Dog dies after grooming at PetSmart - WFLA News Channel 8

Old 02-08-2015, 02:14 PM

36,479 posts, read 43,601,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing40 View Post
10 years ago???? Seriously? Totally irrelevant.
Where do you get that it was 10 years ago. The story has a 2014 copyright date.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 PM

702 posts, read 1,339,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing40 View Post
10 years ago???? Seriously? Totally irrelevant.
"Posted: Sep 04, 2014 2:49 PM EDT"

Old 02-11-2015, 03:15 AM

13,783 posts, read 18,702,326 times
One of the posters sounds like they are on the Petsmart pay roll LOL ...sorry but I hate petsmart and their groomers are not the best trained and best at their jobs . You have already read my former post about a friends dog this happened too and her vet confirmed that the dog had been choked not stupid shampoo in the eyes . Learn that some people don't care .

Old 02-12-2015, 02:09 PM

19 posts, read 26,763 times
Both my neighbors dog and my cousins dog died in the hands of that company. Neither one was old or had any health issues.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:33 PM

185 posts, read 191,178 times
So how many take their dogs in to their vet for grooming? Or do it themselves? Or bog box store?

I am fortunate to do both, grooming at the vet and commercial big box store for 24 years. Never had one issue. During the summers I do it my self.

I prefer to groom my dogs myself but the back is in bad shape. We love our dogs and so do the groomers. I still have to groom my horses... Now that's a whole new ball game mountains of winter horse fur from three of them!

Just Sayin!

Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 556 times
Has anyone had a lasso apso groomed at a petsmart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs