Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 06:02 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times

Advertisements

She'll tinkle out side. I can stay outside with her forever.. No poop..
As soon as she gets inside she'll poop. She waits til I'm not paying attention..

Any suggestions... She's 4 months plus now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 10:21 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Keep her out till she goes. Then praise her and give her a treat.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Keep her out till she goes. Then praise her and give her a treat.
I agree with this.

Walk her around a bit.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Take some of her poop and put it out in the yard where you want her to poop.

Make sure you walk her around it so she gets the idea.

Not saying this will work, just an idea that couldn't hurt.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:02 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
When she does poop outside which is hardly ever I do praise her and give her a treat. .

I have stayed out with her over an hour and nothing. .. It's like she intentionally hold it til she gets inside..

On average I spend 20 to 30 minutes with her...

Grrrrr. .
Did I say she is spoiled rotten?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
When she does poop outside which is hardly ever I do praise her and give her a treat. .

I have stayed out with her over an hour and nothing. .. It's like she intentionally hold it til she gets inside..

Grrrrr. .
Our dog is spoiled rotten and he does not poop in the house and never has.
Proper training is key and you need to train your dog to poop outside, no matter how long you have to be outside with them.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
I have noticed a lot of times after they run around and play that gets things moving.

Maybe instead of just walking her around, run her around.

.......or maybe have playtime inside, chasing and fetching a toy over and over, right before you take her out.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:03 AM

263 posts, read 437,778 times
What is often the case in this sort of situation is that as soon as the dog goes to the bathroom outside, the human brings the dog back inside the home for the next couple or 10 hours.

If that's the case, the dog learns that by not going to the bathroom outside, it gets to stay outside longer, and many dogs want to be outside with their human, especially when the human is giving attention to the dog (even if the attention is yelling "Hurry up & crap!").

For now, you've got to just keep having patience. She's young & just doesn't really know any better yet. I mean heck, I assume she's never seen YOU go to the bathroom outside, but she knows when you've gone inside the house!

As others have said, just stay outside with her for a long time. She may be about old enough for some dog parks, where she'll witness other dogs doing 'It' outside.

When she does finally do it outside, as others have said, offer her a lot of praise & a high-value treat -- let her understand that you're very happy because of what she just did, & where she did it (act sad if you catch her doing it inside). But most importantly, do not conclude your outdoor activity as soon as she goes to the bathroom outside -- keep going for your walk, give her attention, etc. on a higher happiness level than you had outside before she went to the bathroom.

She'll catch-on, and once she does, this problem will mostly be resolved!

Old 09-25-2014, 01:15 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post

Grrrrr. .
I can tell you she is not plotting against you.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:00 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Feed her 2x a day and get her on some type of schedule so you know apprx when she has to go and can anticipate when to take her outside, learn her signals no matter how subtle they may be, take her out after she wakes up, after she eats, when she starts sniffing etc. Also praise her to the skies and give her a small tasty treat right after she goes, she'll make the connection :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs