U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:46 AM

7,925 posts, read 9,636,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Pets in the room when you engage in sexual activity? Really?
dear lord, they're in the same room...not in the bed. Mine just continue to nap. Not a care in the world as to what we are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 08:07 AM

5,695 posts, read 4,119,924 times
Our older dog just sleeps through it on the other side of our king sized bed. Our 2 year old dog wants to get between us and has to be told to lie down with a stern voice. Sometimes she settles, and sometimes it takes a while for her to settle and stop looking at us for permission to get between us.

As for locking them out of the bedroom, that would never work. We've never done it because our bed is their bed, and when we're in bed, they're in bed. Locking the younger one out of the bedroom would be not only confusing to her, but even more distracting to us because of the racket she'd raise on the other side of the door. If we made both of them stay out, he older one would probably just softly wine and scratch away at the door with her paw, making a mess of the door.

Our younger dog sheepishly creeps in between us when she knows we're done (when we start talking again lol)

Old 10-08-2014, 09:52 AM

491 posts, read 516,459 times
So, then, what does your cat do??

Old 10-08-2014, 10:26 AM

279 posts, read 278,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
So, then, what does your cat do??

Cats are cagey ...they're likely using their owners I-phone's and videotaping everything!

Old 04-03-2017, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 666 times
Did it in front of new bfs dog......
Dog started humping his pillow....the dog is fixed, too.
Yup. Gross and uncomfortable. My cat would never that! Ha!
Good thing we both have a deranged sense of humor, however if it continues to happen I will have to say something.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:38 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
14,518 posts, read 15,199,642 times
My dog was interested at first, but then after I chided him to behave he retreated to a corner of the bed or went into the LR on the couch.

Mostly I like having him there with us but just ignoring us, maybe curled up at the foot of the bed.

Nothing is better than going to sleep with yourself, your mate and your dog all curled up together on the same bed!

I was uncomfortable a bit myself having doggie in our bed until we all got used to it. I conclude that dogs aren't really interested in humans having sex once they get used to the idea that it doesn't concern them.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 AM

8,131 posts, read 11,034,965 times
Remember the scene in "Best in Show" with the greyhound?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 PM

13,675 posts, read 13,485,460 times
My two dogs that passed a few years ago enjoyed watching. They'd sit there watching with their tongues lolling out. My two boys now just get up and leave when I have company, and when it's over and everything's quiet, they come back in and say hi.

Multiple friends have reported however that their cats (all spayed/neutered) will go at it with each other while their owners are ... entertaining.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:32 AM

20,517 posts, read 26,301,485 times
My dog has no idea what sex is. She has never been in the same room as us but since she was a puppy if my DH were going for an afternoon romp I would tell her "Daddy wants sex", lol....and she would run into her bed and lay down. She has been doing that for 14 years

Old 07-18-2017, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 473 times
Firsr, civil courts have ruled in favor of fur mommies and daddies. I personally just call myself my dog's human [mod]rude[/mod]

Second, I live in New Orleans where we have what's called shot gun housing. We don't have doors between the rooms including our bedroom. (So much for your doors idea.)

Third, I think people who let their dog stay in the room while they are participating in coitus are actually more natural for the dog than establishing these fake boundaries. Pretty sure in the wild, dogs see it all.
[Mod]personal attack[/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-18-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs