U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 05:04 AM

3 posts, read 670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceOritse View Post
Some of my dog park friends are buying prescription pet medication from overseas pharmacies without any prescriptions. Till now they told me 3 different websites, one of them is Canadian. I trust my fellow dog park friends but I will do my own research and order a small duration supplies for a start.
I have 3 dogs and I am on desirability. Its very hard for me to manage all the expanse. I have script for all my pets dog. I just need a refill. If I can save some money, I will defiantly buy my dogs meds online. Please name me some of the Canadian pharmacy.
This is my first post here, please be kind.

God Bless
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 05:27 AM

15,121 posts, read 13,351,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
For many years I've bought some of my own prescriptions from Canadian pharmacies. I've never had any reason the think they were bogus. Clark Howard used to have a list of Canadian pharmacies on his webpage. I don't know if he still does.
THIS^^^^.

A friend of mine buys one of his heart meds from a Canadian pharmacy and his doctor knows it and is good with it.

If it was me, I would do the same, for me or my pets, without worry.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:50 AM

5,691 posts, read 4,118,076 times
I would think that a search on Google for "reviews of ............ in Canada" will give you answers as to the quality of the products and the side effects, etc.

Funny, I used to buy medication for my horse years ago that was cheaper in the states than in Canada. I guess it all depends on what medication it is.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:28 AM

9 posts, read 2,546 times
Yes, Gouliganna. In the US, 3 months supply of Nexgard cost me around 60 USD + Vet fees. If I buy from Canada online pharmacies, it will cost me 49 USD without any vet fees and with free shipping. So If I shop wisely I can easily save more then 50 USD yearly on fleas and ticks treatment on my single pet dog.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:13 AM

3 posts, read 670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceOritse View Post
Yes, Gouliganna. In the US, 3 months supply of Nexgard cost me around 60 USD + Vet fees. If I buy from Canada online pharmacies, it will cost me 49 USD without any vet fees and with free shipping. So If I shop wisely I can easily save more then 50 USD yearly on fleas and ticks treatment on my single pet dog.
Wow, I was spending too much till now. I buy supplies for fleas ticks, heartworm, joint care for my senior doggo, shampoo, toothpaste, leash, treats etc. All supplies cost me unbelievable.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:14 AM

9 posts, read 2,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmwegman View Post
Wow, I was spending too much till now. I buy supplies for fleas ticks, heartworm, joint care for my senior doggo, shampoo, toothpaste, leash, treats etc. All supplies cost me unbelievable.
Thank you

Old 11-03-2018, 02:54 PM

22,502 posts, read 28,391,956 times
Medication directly from a Canadian pharmacy will be perfectly fine. But as to ordering from a mystery website, I have no idea. They might be trustworthy, they might not.

Have you tried calling a pharmacy directly and asking about prices? If it is medication for animals, try calling a Canadian livestock supply store and see if they carry it.

My life experience is that medication directly from the vet's office is the most expensive place to buy medication for pets. It's worth the time to do some price shopping.

Pharmaceuticals must come from a reliable and trusted source. You can't tell by looking at them whether or not they are good. You often can't tell even by giving them whether or not they are good.

If I order a chocolate bar or a t-shirt from a new soure, I can tell instantly, as soon as it arrives, whether or not the product is good and whether or not I can continue to order from that company. Pills, not so much. If they look right doesn't guarantee that they are right. Medication is often counterfeited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or