Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:13 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times

Advertisements

We moved to Tennessee a few months ago...I CANNOT tell you how many stray and neglected animals I have seen...it is really disgusting.... Skin and bones walking around.. walking on main roads...puppies just dumped in the park...I am on this Knoxville Facebook site... Rehoming..free to good home".. that just infuriates me the way people post..One favorite remark is... NEED GONE NOW..Either they can't keep the dog..they are moving...they are pregnant...they are TOO BUSY..the sky is blue..whatever the excuse...Then they end with "will be taking to shelter in the morning"..they want you to think that but I know all of them don't...A lot of dog flipping goes on around here too...never saw anything like it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 08:22 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
My husband was on duty and saw a woman standing in an open field throwing things..he drove over to her and she was dumping 5 kittens.....he was LIVID, arrested her and she paid a fine at court...kittens were ok but he took them to the shelter..dumb lady...

Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 AM

476 posts, read 1,296,768 times
I'm so glad you gave him a few days with you. I know the farting well! He's been eating bad food. A few days of good dry kibble and some poops, and he will be better.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:36 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
OP I completely agree with you, I don't understand either. If one does not want to take care of a dog, then do not get one in the first place!

Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
well we have been feeding a cat someone dumped here in our apt complex and he is a sweet cat , huge and lets me pet him like crazy and I have been feeding him but Im leaving in a few months and it bothers me that I might have to leave that cat homeless . where im moving too allows only two pets max and im at that with my Chihuahuas and I called the no kill and they are at their max and there are no other no kills in my area which sucks to the max . someone at my husbands work said they might want the cat but have said nothing further which infuriates me , don't tell someone yes and then change your mind .... so I guess he will be taken to the humane society which I know will put him to sleep with all the strays in this area makes me crazy but what can I do ?

Old 01-17-2015, 12:23 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Bit of a rant here, but here goes.

Today, an old beagle showed up in my cul du sac with a collar and no identification. He is deaf and has cataracts in his eyes. He had a bite on his right leg, but is otherwise a healthy pleasant dog. He came to my dogs, and walked with us for a little this morning, then couldn't keep up. When we got back from or out and back walk, he joined us again, and followed us home. He is really sweet and easy going, but somewhat movement impaired (age).

We posted a sign, asked the usual dog walkers and local neighbors, and no one has ever seen the dog before. Checked with the HOA resident manager, and he said it was not a dog from the development, and that we get about a dog a week dumped in the development.
Dad, he's a beagle, even if an aged one. He may have wandered further from home than you realize, just following his nose. Could you widen the area in which you are looking for his family?

Old 01-17-2015, 12:29 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Dad, he's a beagle, even if an aged one. He may have wandered further from home than you realize, just following his nose. Could you widen the area in which you are looking for his family?
Good point Suzy. If I didn't have a fence around my house there is no telling where my blind old deaf guy would end up. Maybe he has a chip?

Old 01-17-2015, 07:05 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,236,306 times
I was training with my club today, and one of the other club members works Beagle rescue, and another is the main breeder of Beagles in my area. The dog (per she who must be obeyed, his name is now Barney; I think I'm screwed) is posted with the Beagle rescue, OSPCA, and the Humane Society. I will be posting notifications tomorrow morning in the area, and we spent about 3 hours trolling neighborhoods with the dog asking if anyone recognized it this afternoon.

Oh, I had my vet check, he's not chipped.

I truly hope my rant is way off base, and there is a frantic owner I can locate. Unfortunately, I think the dog was dumped...

Old 01-17-2015, 07:08 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,236,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiqueen View Post
I'm so glad you gave him a few days with you. I know the farting well! He's been eating bad food. A few days of good dry kibble and some poops, and he will be better.
I wish it were the Beagle, but it is my pampered, delicate, dainty little 60 pound cur that was removing eyebrows and nose hair - she has no excuse!

Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 PM

476 posts, read 1,296,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I wish it were the Beagle, but it is my pampered, delicate, dainty little 60 pound cur that was removing eyebrows and nose hair - she has no excuse!
Ha ha ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs