U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:08 AM

14,179 posts, read 11,595,656 times

Advertisements

My friend has two Corgie pups. One male one female, that he can't seem to get homes for. He's offered to just give me the male. (Sigh) I have a Pyranees/Husky mix now. Sbes 15, and approaching her time, and k swore I wasn't going to take on another dog. Then, little Mr. Corgie, squirms into my lap, and starts washing my face, and making plaintive noises.

Thing is, I love Corgies. I'm not looking for a replacement for my current dog, at all. But, all my life, every time I have sworn I won't get another dog, something like this happens. (Sigh). I'm a total sucker for puppies, and Corgies are a certain weakness, as well. I told myself, as well, if I DID get another dog, it would be a Corgie. And then THIS happens.

Lol....I'm doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 09:35 AM

1,752 posts, read 1,647,078 times
What's the dog name? I am usually ok until the wife has named it!

Enjoy the pup!

Old 01-17-2015, 09:48 AM

231 posts, read 169,562 times
Yes,it happens, I KNOW Dogs are so easy to pull at the heart strings,enjoy!

Old 01-17-2015, 10:28 AM

4,707 posts, read 10,141,797 times
Things happen for a reason. Years ago after getting a very difficult puppy I said I would never ever get a young puppy again and even when she became that special once in a life time dog I still said no young puppies ever again. After her I added a 1 yr, a 2y old and many years later a 8 month old as I still held fast to no more young puppies then 4 yrs ago when one of the two dogs I had was old and developed renal issues I decided to start looking. Someone sent me a photo of an adorable red merle aussie with beautiful blue eyes problem was it was a 10 wk old puppy so I said nope NO puppies! About two weeks later someone posted a photo of a little mixed breed puppy in a high kill shelter in Texas ( I am in Calif) and then moment I saw it I knew it was my dog and did not matter that it was a puppy. In May it will have been 4 yrs and I have no regrets as my Chaos is a fantastic dog, funny thing was she was such an easy puppy too so I have no regrets.

PS a Corgi puppy would be VERY difficult to say no too

Old 01-17-2015, 10:30 AM

3,362 posts, read 2,687,783 times
Aww....congratulations!

Sometimes things just happen! When I decided I was ready to look for another dog, I wanted and was passively on the lookout for a small/medium non-shedding mixed breed. I ended up with a 70lb wirehaired shedding machine, and we couldn't be happier with him.

Good luck with the pup, pictures would be welcome!

Old 01-17-2015, 01:03 PM

14,179 posts, read 11,595,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
What's the dog name? I am usually ok until the wife has named it!

Enjoy the pup!
I haven't thought up a name. I won't be bringing him home till later this coming week. I'll cook one up though. He's certainly been ...convincing..about a home with me. Lol..and knows a sucker when he sees one. I'd like to put up pics, but the function doesn't work from my phone, which is my only internet at the moment.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:20 PM

23,316 posts, read 28,130,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
My friend has two Corgie pups. One male one female, that he can't seem to get homes for. He's offered to just give me the male. (Sigh) I have a Pyranees/Husky mix now. Sbes 15, and approaching her time, and k swore I wasn't going to take on another dog. Then, little Mr. Corgie, squirms into my lap, and starts washing my face, and making plaintive noises.

Thing is, I love Corgies. I'm not looking for a replacement for my current dog, at all. But, all my life, every time I have sworn I won't get another dog, something like this happens. (Sigh). I'm a total sucker for puppies, and Corgies are a certain weakness, as well. I told myself, as well, if I DID get another dog, it would be a Corgie. And then THIS happens.

Lol....I'm doomed.
You have been chosen!

Old 01-18-2015, 06:30 PM

11,802 posts, read 26,735,626 times
Quote:

Lol....I'm doomed.
It happens to all of us. Things happen for a reason. Welcome to your new Corgi puppy

Old 01-18-2015, 06:47 PM

18,012 posts, read 22,791,367 times
Quote:
...and k swore I wasn't going to take on another dog. ...
C'mon, you knew you couldn't really live without a dog

Sounds like you will both be lucky to have each other.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:47 AM

410 posts, read 645,486 times
Corgies are awesome! My neighbor has one and we can play fetch until the sun goes down. Just a sweet lovely animal. You will enjoy! Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or