U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 PM

13,297 posts, read 25,491,832 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all. I called and left a message that I could not come in. I certainly have no irreplaceable skills, and if I had to work into the day shift (most likely) I am worse than useless. I'm just a warm body with a pulse and a license.

There is no one at present to come help my dogs. One guy retired and left for another state, another does snow plowing for a living so is kinda busy, and the last guy is in Florida looking for a job. Anyway, I could hardly ask someone to come out during a genuine blizzard and break trail to get to my house.

I could not take a dog to the hospital with me. There's no place to put him and it's strictly against policy and public health law.

I felt relieved after I called in. It's also a matter of health, which I'm struggling to maintain with night shifts, never mind with forced stays into the day.

Thanks to all your input and support. Now I'm going to bed. Still have power but laid a fire in the wood stove just in case. It's a four-dog night- not because of the weather, but because four of my six dogs insist on sleeping on the bed- two 60-pounders, one 40-pounder and one ten pounds. Probably wouldn't notice if the heat did go off!

For those of you in the path of the storm, be safe, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 11:00 PM

9,550 posts, read 10,867,662 times
You made the right decision. I only have one dog now, but there's no way I'd leaver for forty-eight hours. I wouldn't leave my cat either.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:29 PM
ZSP

1,568 posts, read 4,163,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
If it is any consolation you're my kind of dog person. I would have done exactly what you have decided.
^^^this^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or