Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:11 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Just because some one Doesn't want to BUY the dog doesn't mean they cant afford possible vet bills. Esp in todays Pet Insurance Market.
She didn't even want to pay the adoption fee.

A BULLDOG is a very high maintenance dog. Care wise and expense wise.

Nobody needs to get a Bulldog for some emotional sentimental reasons especially when they're about to go to school and don't even have a place to live yet.

Cryptorchidism surgery $700.00 and 2 months in diapers

Amputated tail $1000.00

moderator cut: image removed

ACL tears $3500.00 each leg

SKIN ...lost track of THAT expense:

Megaesophagus $5000 then he died.

Bailey chair illustration:

Last edited by Marka; 04-08-2015 at 04:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 01:25 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,019 times
try craigslist, its plenty of bulldogs being thrown away on there, however like most said they probably come with a lot of medical issues, hence the reason they are being discarded

good luck

Old 04-02-2015, 04:06 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
try craigslist, its plenty of bulldogs being thrown away on there, however like most said they probably come with a lot of medical issues, hence the reason they are being discarded

good luck
Many of these dogs on Craigslist come from backyard breeders or puppy mills. Please do not contribute to the problem by getting a pup from them.

Bulldogs are expensive to keep because they have a lot of health issues. If you don't have a lot of disposable income to pay vet bills, I wouldn't recommend owning one. They are IMO not great dogs for a novice owner as they can be somewhat of a challenge to train. They're good dogs in for some people but definitely not for everyone.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:24 PM

66 posts, read 323,795 times
Checkout the olde English bulldog much healther breed

Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent17 View Post
thanks. I tried a pet rescue and they wanted an adoption fee.
The dog doesn't neccessarily have to be a pup.
The chances of your getting a FREE English Bulldog are like ZERO. Most people want $1600. for one. If you find them for $400. or around that, take them straight to a good DVM and I bet they have something wrong with them, often 'cherry eye' which is common in the breed. The surgery to try and fix cherry eye runs about $600...or more depending on how bad the eye is or what might have been done to it in the past.
Dogs, of any breed, are a huge responsibility. It's like having a toddler in the home...24/7. IF you aren't ready to have kids, then I'd really rethink a dog...esp the breed you are wanting as they have a ton of health problems that are costly and ongoing, too. I hate to burst your bubble, but I only tell you the truth so you don't end up with more than you wanted on your plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs