Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,771 times

Advertisements

My name is Jacob , I own a pit-bull dog 8 months old.
My dog broke his femur on 6/16/2015 I took him the next day with my wife and my mother in law to animal hospital called “Kreature Komforts Animal Hospital”.

We introduced with the Dr. Emily Smith and explained what the steps are going to take place with our dog treatment.
Which are taking an X-ray and base of the X-ray they will decide a treatment.

Dr. Emily Smith took our dog and brought the awful news that my dog has a broken femur and we explained that they only had to take ONE x ray because it was obvious clean break.

Dr. Emily Smith explained that we have 2 options:
1. Proceed to a femur fracture surgery day after
2. Amputate the leg

We of course decided to operate the next day.

The day of the surgery the hospital calling my mother in law and inform that the surgery delayed to Monday (6/22/2015).

I called right away the hospital and wanted to check why they delaying a surgery when the dog suffers from a clean femur fracture.
The answer that I received is “The Dr. that going to operate checked the X ray and decided that it will be on Monday”.

*all of the conversation recorded between me and the staff*

I was insisted and asked few time “what if the situation will escaladed I don’t want to amputate my dog’s leg”
And her massage was “don’t worry it won’t happen”.

On the 6/26/2015 I called again to ask for advice because of change of behave of my dog.

I called and told them he’s trying to play with his treat and the response was “don’t let him play it will make his leg worse’
I’ve took immediately the treat and kept him laying down.
And then the staff proceeded to tell me “if it will get worse we’ll have to amputate”
I told her “Well all of this wouldn’t happen if he went to the surgery on the same day as scheduled. Her reply was “your mother in law called and delayed it to Monday because you didn’t had the money”

I was in SHOCK! She lied right to my face, all the evidence are clearly recorded.(from the conversation with the first staff day of the surgery)

06/20/2015 we woke up to a very bad crying and yelping from my dog and called the hospital and begged for the surgery, their response was that his leg got worse and now they see “4” fragments from the bone in the x ray and the surgery will cost around
$2500 instead $1200… me and my wife were in total shock!
How did they decide without any check up on the dog that it’s actually worse? How on the first call with them they said that the operating Dr saw the x ray and said is fine till Monday? And how did they raise the price of the surgery , when everything was already said and done? More than that, the day before our dog went in for surgery they called my mother in law an explained to her that they not equipped with this plate for his leg size and it would take longer to receive the plate, which my question is how are you accepting my dog without consideration that who knows what might happen and you not inform us that you not specializing my dog size and you without the proper equipment.

The same staff that was really rude and mean told us “we could diagnose the fragments if you let us do another X ray scan but you didn’t had the money so we did only one scan” that is so hurtful and judging because we did had the money, like I mentioned before that the Dr. Emily Smith decided to take only 1 X ray and I quote “There is a clean break so we don’t need to take another X ray”.

They misdiagnose my poor dog and let him suffer for few days until we had to amputate is leg because they cornered us. We couldn’t gather the last minute the money. If they diagonosed correctly in the first place when we brought him I might could gather the total goal of $2500 so the only choice was amputation so the dog won’t suffer any more.

Nether the less, I spoke with the main Dr. that has 25 years’ experience and she told me that Dr. Emily Smith is a new vet and without a lot of experience.

Because of “Kreature Komforts Animal Hospital” my puppy going to live his rest of the life with 3 legs and they caused us a lot of pain and sorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 08:09 AM

279 posts, read 544,529 times
Who recoreded the calls? Maybe your mother in law did call and cancel the surgery.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:26 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
ONLY a Vet can tell you what may & may not happen & Most Likely when they went in to Fix it it was damaged more than they thought. Cant see soft tissue or muscle torn in an X-Ray. Dogs live just great with 3 legs

Looks like the delay was because you didn't have the money... Vets unlike Human Drs can delay treatment until owner can pay. Did they put his leg in a splint? Did you keep him calm & crated so he wouldn't jump around over the weekend?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,771 times
i had the money! i called them and even told them i have the money
they tried to lie and lie few times on every call with them

and i recorded the calls and my mother in law will not cancel or delay the surgery because she knew the condition of the dog

Old 06-25-2015, 01:38 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Be careful about the recordings, if it's illegal in your state you may face charges. As for the rest I'm not a lawyer and don't want to give bad advice. I will say I'm terribly sorry.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:27 PM

279 posts, read 544,529 times
Why are you recording calls????

Old 06-25-2015, 02:30 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,151 times
You can legally record calls from businesses. Not illegal. Nonetheless, seek legal help from an attorney, Jacob. You can usually get free consultations if you don't already have an attorney. Find one that offers them and go. That's your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs