Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 PM

310 posts, read 1,194,173 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here own a CS and if so do they do strange things?

Mine is a Male, Buff in color and he is obsessed with taking caps off of plastic bottles. He doesn't chew them off he unscrews them somehow without damaging the threads or the cap. He never leaves my side and if I go somewhere he seems to get angry with me and ignores me for the first few minutes all the while never leaving my side. I have a great fondness for Cocker Spaniels and will never own a different breed. EW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 11:27 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,018,375 times
We had one when I was growing up. took forever to housebreak him, and even then, each and every time my mom walked in the door, he got so excited, he'd pee. sigh. We ended up putting a rubberback mat by the door, and just replacing it over and over and over. He adored paperbags, well past puppy hood. When we'd bring groceries in, hed be there, hardly able to contain himself until we'd put the bag down and he'd be all over inside it. Typically, he would end up falling asleep in it as well. Come to think of it, he liked to hide his head in anything. I swear, he thought he was an ostrich! And when he got in trouble, first thing, he'd go hide his head under the couch. lol
he was TERRIFIED of the ocean.
He LOVED corn silk. and oranges. he would go nutso trying to get to these two things.
goofy dog.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 AM

119 posts, read 583,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
He never leaves my side and if I go somewhere he seems to get angry with me and ignores me for the first few minutes all the while never leaving my side.
We had a cocker spaniel like this! He was a goof. He got into the trash all of the time, and never was quite house broken right, but he loved to cuddle and was cute, so it made up for all of his naughtiness.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 PM

673 posts, read 3,137,180 times
We have a Cocker Spaniel mix that we rescued from the SPCA 5 years ago, he was 4 years old when we got him. He has had emotional issues and is very aggressive towards strangers and other dogs bigger than him. He usually takes time to "warm up" to people and takes the time to decide whether he likes them or not. We love him to death but he has some "issues" such as his tempermant but also speration anxiety. He LOVES to chase us out the door, he literally runs after us when we leave and when we get into the car he howls away. We never crated him because he does not feel comfortable in a crate. His previous owners did not treat him well, he was very underweight and had NEVER had a haircut in his life. Now he looks GREAT. We have taken him to training and he has done well but there are old habits we cant seem to break. He is very attached to me and is with me constantly when I am home. If I am in the shower, he is there licking the shower curtain or laying outside the door. If I'm in bed he's in bed. I'm on the couch now and he is laying tight against me. Overall he is such a joy to have around and even though I'm dreading the day that he passes over the Rainbow Bridge, I've already decided once I heal that I want another dog just like him. We think he is mixed with Springer or Brittany but not sure.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,251,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2penguins View Post
We had a cocker spaniel like this! He was a goof. He got into the trash all of the time, and never was quite house broken right, but he loved to cuddle and was cute, so it made up for all of his naughtiness.
my mom has one that is a pathetic snuggler. She has accidents if left alone for more then 4 hours and cries alot when left alone.
She was a pet store pup my parents adopted from a family who's young kids were hurting her. Just how they are
She is always in your face, always in the bathroom trash and my moms biggest baby

Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
My sisters cocker was named Blondie. She had the most annoying habit of going through the trash in the bathroom where she would fish out the applicators of certain feminine products out of the trash and run around the house with them in her mouth.

I was pretty young when I visited just after my sister had gotten married and I have to say I wanted to die when she did this in front of my sisters husband.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:41 PM

3 posts, read 9,727 times
Ahhh- I am NOT alone!!! My Toby has some 'Issues" as well- temperment for one example. I recieved this blonde bomb shell at the young age of 8 weeks old. I think that he was negeclted, by the way he acts. I could write a long list of his issues, but.. He plays really rough, teeth showing but that tail awaging! This is my first CS and I love him- he is a great protector and friend (with issues.) But hey- dont we have 2 legged friends with issues too.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:49 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,500,576 times
My bloodhounds love bottles with caps on and will unscrew them.After top off bottle isa new toy and they go nuts over it but no funtil cap off as does not squish good enough to hold on tight when another dog trying to grab it.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,697 times
I have a cocker spaniel, male, blonde, that I have had for 7 years and he has turned out to be a troublesome dog. He bit my grandson one year because my grandson reached down to pick up a plastic fork that had fallen to the ground, bit my granddaughter as she passed his food bowl. I took him to training as a puppy, socialized, (I have two other dogs) but this dog just doesn't like being messed with. When taking him to vet you have to muzzle and grooming, they used to put him to sleep because he would be so mean. But then there is this loving side to him when he wants to be. He listens and sits when you tell him too but you just can't tend to him as you need to because even if you try to rub his paws to soften up the pads he will try to bite. I can force the issue but it is never pleasant. Can't find a home for him and I am ready to throw in the towel due to his behavior. I have a new grandbaby on the way and don't want to take any chances.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:34 PM

899 posts, read 2,930,008 times
Hello
Mom to two cocker spaniels and a 3rd one in heaven laughing at these two sweet clowns we have now...Knock on wood we have had very little trouble with them..Two came from cocker rescue and one we got as a puppy..My cocker the older of the two is very shy and always has been but never a stitch of trouble at the groomers or otherwise.We were full time rvers for 3 years and he traveled all over with us..our little guy is from our local cocker rescue and just sweet but had issues we worked threw..they keep our house laughing
To Pstafford3
go on line and find the nearest cocker resuce group, they will take the little guy and find him a good home....good luck
mamh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs