Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 02:47 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,788,709 times

Advertisements

He was dressed and acted appropriately when he answered CL ads.

and his sorry ass will sit in prison for 28 years.
Animal Abuser Gets The Maximum Sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:51 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,712,455 times
Glad they caught him and he got jail time. This just reinforces my opinion that Craiglist is the worst place to rehome a pet. Better that the dogs had been humanely euthanized at the city shelter than in the hands of that monster.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:46 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,370,714 times
Yes, but unfortunately, those who are posting ads for pets on Craigslist and kijiji simply don't seem to care, at least the ones who are offering the animals 'dirt cheap'. And many people looking for dogs or cats who don't want to pay anything because they can't afford it...which begs the question, how on earth would they ever be able to take care of that animal? Hence, I suppose, all of the questions on Google Answers such as "My dog has been throwing up for the past three weeks and lost a lot of weight...what's wrong with him? And don't tell me to take him to the vet, I can't afford it".

I've also seen a great many ads for rabbits, rats, etc. as 'free with cage' or 'rat/guinea pig/hamster free, cage and food $5.00...very well loved but we cannot keep him', that type of thing. I've posted ads there reminding people that offering a pet for either a small fee or worse, for free, will draw a great many people who want the animal as a feeder for their pet snake. But no one seems to care, so long as they can get rid of the animal quickly.

As for the animal abuser in the story posted, I'm just glad he was caught and is now behind bars.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:13 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,514,654 times
This boy's just getting started. And when they let him out in 11 years on 'good' behavior, we'll end up reading about him once again.
I will say kudos to the judge. I love Nev., at least this judge gave him all that he possibly could.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:00 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,656,791 times
I remember seeing stories about dogs being adopted at pet shelters and then used as bait for fighting dogs.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:38 PM

7,894 posts, read 12,600,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
This boy's just getting started. And when they let him out in 11 years on 'good' behavior, we'll end up reading about him once again.
I will say kudos to the judge. I love Nev., at least this judge gave him all that he possibly could.
IF he lives that long. Yes there are some criminals in prison that love animals just as much as anyone else. I suspect animal abuse is right in the neighborhood of child abuse in a lot of convicts eyes. Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up getting shanked.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:58 AM

380 posts, read 649,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
IF he lives that long. Yes there are some criminals in prison that love animals just as much as anyone else. I suspect animal abuse is right in the neighborhood of child abuse in a lot of convicts eyes. Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up getting shanked.
I hope someone smashes his teeth out with a hammer, rips out one eye with a fork, then saws off his nose with a hacksaw. Leave the other eye so he can see his disfigured face in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs