Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Teddie - I LOVE Golden Girl! I was browsing the Low Country Golden Rescue site yesterday, and OMG, I would love to adopt another golden. I'd be making mattresses out of their hair instead of pillows then!
a mattress or of hair. Lol It's kind of wierd that those three puppies came from the same mother. They are nothing but hair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Some people collect their pet's hair and spin it into thread, then knit something with it.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Some people collect their pet's hair and spin it into thread, then knit something with it.
I've heard of that, but a mattress. lol Even just the thought is weird.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 PM

Smile 6/14 Adoption

Yesterday’s adoption was packed with dogs, cats, and people. Every crate was full and some had two or three. We easily had 30+ dogs with plenty of energy and ready to run, run, and run. So no one wanted to sit still for pictures. Some home I did get some, but I’m not sure how. (All of the dogs with metal plate number tag things are with the city)

Sophie, who is with DAS got her picture taken first. I took her out first because I felt so bad for her. She sat in the back of her cage trembling. I took her out to the grass (had to carry her because she wouldn’t walk) and we just sat wit her. It took her a little while to get up enough courage to come up to me, but once she did we did a lot better. Once we got back in I got a bed for her and a towel since I know a lot of the little dogs that come in want to snuggle. Turns out that’s all she needed. A light bulb must have gone off because she was happy, energetic, and a wiggle worm the rest of the day. Came up to the front of the crate every time some one walked by, made her stay with us that much better.

These pictures always look like I could crush their heads

This is Wonton. A needy poodle mix that yes I put in a pink harness. He was to small for the other harnesses and to big for the small ones... So pink it was.

This is John Wayne…a hardy Chihuahua who is picky about his friends. He either loves you or hates you. Dog that is. He loves all humans! But once he saw me give Sophie a bed; he wanted one too. The city brought very spoiled dogs. And I wasn’t pinning him down. Lol I was tickling his belly while I was taking the pictures.

Little miss Rosey. She loves everyone dogs included and has a TON of energy. Nothing that I’ve seen in a Chi before. Those are all scars on her face and we’re not sure what from. Her owner brought her in that way. We think some one poured something that burned her. It’s also on her back and tail.

Christina is a silly girl. She is still a puppy and wants to be in your face/lap at all times. It was SOOOOOO hard to get a picture of her! I couldn’t get her to sit still or stay out of my lap long enough. She did however find the noise the camera made to be interesting. Kept making her ears go up, to the side, down. hehe

*more*

Old 06-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Mac is still waiting to be put up for adoption. But he still comes to adoptions. He can only be handled by a couple people though. He’s still so tiny and we have to be careful about germs.
After his bath he thought he tasted pretty good.

We kept him in the cat room where no one would mess with him, it was quiet, and he could sleep. This is how we found him resting his head...

His pretty coloring

And he’s intrigued by the camera like Christina was

The Weim/Lab pups were back and still sleeping away like a puppy does. All clustered together.

Except the little loner

Roxie is a new guest foster that came. She’s around 8 months old and was not used to that many dogs! But she warms up fast and loves.

Even bratty Britches.

Dave looks like he’s found a good home. It’s not a for sure thing, but the way these two bonded I don’t think she could live without him now. This young woman walked in and fell in love with him. Once she got him out there was no going back. He slept right there for a good two+ hours.

*All done*

Old 06-15-2008, 02:11 PM

Oh and a Video from after hours..I had locked up and since there were only a few dogs they were let out to play together.
Hank is the little Beagle mix, Dililah is the black long legged girl and Britches..well you all know Britches.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
They are all precious and beautiful. Regarding June 14 adoption day, how many dogs got adopted?

Old 06-15-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
They are all precious and beautiful. Regarding June 14 adoption day, how many dogs got adopted?
None got adopted, but we did get appliations. We did three homechecks,two test runs (they get to keep the dog over the week end after they check out). The city didn't adopt out any dogs.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:26 PM

960 posts, read 1,687,198 times
Thanks again, for posting your pictures and video Teddie!

Another group of wonderful dogs! I hope, as always, that they find good homes soon.

BTW...Sophie's underbite is so adorable.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,065 times
THe city didn't adopt any out??? I wonder what the deal was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs