Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 04:22 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times

Advertisements

Have you shaved the hair away from the wound? If not, do that. Try to keep the wound dry.
Lil' guy looks like he's doing fine under your care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 05:18 AM

17 posts, read 15,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Have you shaved the hair away from the wound? If not, do that. Try to keep the wound dry.
Lil' guy looks like he's doing fine under your care.
I hope so everything will be well too i didnt shaved hair dont want to miss and cut him more...

Old 11-27-2015, 06:33 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
You don't have any friends with a car that could possibly take you to the shelter where he could get medical care ? that looks like a dog bite and yes it can get infected rather fast . I think if I were you I would see if I could get a friend to take me to the dog shelter seeing as how you are unable to buy dog food and or have money for vet care . He really needs vet care sorry but that might be your only option at this point because if the would gets infected he could very well die from infection . sorry but the truth .

Old 11-27-2015, 07:49 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
THANK YOU for helping him. Thank you thank you.
he is helpless and you are the only one he has at the moment who gives a damn; were I near you I'd help you help him.

I know there is a rescue called Howl of a Dog in Romania, is that near you?

If he has internal injuries he could get very sick, also if the wounds infect, he may need sutures and meds.

If you called several vets and explained...maybe they'd treat him for free? Doubt it, but worth a few calls?

Old 11-27-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You don't have any friends with a car that could possibly take you to the shelter where he could get medical care ? that looks like a dog bite and yes it can get infected rather fast . I think if I were you I would see if I could get a friend to take me to the dog shelter seeing as how you are unable to buy dog food and or have money for vet care . He really needs vet care sorry but that might be your only option at this point because if the would gets infected he could very well die from infection . sorry but the truth .
I am doing all i can really for now he is fealing fine and he started waving his tail,wound dont have much blood anymore and it started to dry,he drink some water but he wont eat...if i have a resource to bring it to the vet i would but that is all i can do for now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
THANK YOU for helping him. Thank you thank you.
he is helpless and you are the only one he has at the moment who gives a damn; were I near you I'd help you help him.

I know there is a rescue called Howl of a Dog in Romania, is that near you?

If he has internal injuries he could get very sick, also if the wounds infect, he may need sutures and meds.

If you called several vets and explained...maybe they'd treat him for free? Doubt it, but worth a few calls?
Thanks for the support
Oh romania is next country to serbia but it is far far away, and yea serbia really dont have much dog/cat shelters and most of them are non profit made by dog/cat lovers ... pet store owner come over to my house and look at him and he confirmed that is a dog bite on his neck and that is healing well with help of hydrogen...
Like i said above i am doing my best to help him and i am trying to contact more people....

Old 11-27-2015, 08:29 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Try offering him hard boiled (not raw) eggs or chicken if you can afford, so much better for him than dry dog food esp when he's sick.
If he won't eat even chicken he may have internal injuries.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:37 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
He is a beautiful dog! THANK YOU so much for taking him in and caring for him.

I understand that you may not be able to get him to a vet or a shelter. Though this would be the ideal scenario, that's not what we're dealing with here, so let's go with what you have.

I would keep the wounds clean with hydrogen peroxide. If he is calm when you try to clean the wounds, you should try to cut the hair short around those wounds, especially that neck wound. This will help keep those areas clean.

If he doesn't start eating soon, I think you may have much bigger problems unfortunately. But also, it's common for a dog who has been traumatized to stop eating for a day or two. Until he feels better and feels safe, he may not eat much at all. My male dog gets so weirded out when I board him that he can go two days without eating! I always bring his bag of food to the boarding place and very little of it is gone when I pick him up. Dogs are funny that way.

Another good thing about dogs is that they can rebound very quickly. If your new friend doesn't have internal injuries or broken bones, he'll be up and about very quickly. But he has clearly been traumatized so he may be very quiet and withdrawn for several days.

How does he act when you touch his ribcage? Can you try to pick him up? If so, does he act like he is in any pain when you do so?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:05 AM

318 posts, read 372,505 times
A quick google search I found a dog group called "Serbia's Forgotten Paws". They also have a Facebook page, so you can leave a message. I hope they are legitimate. Perhaps they would be able to help you?

Thank you for being a kindhearted soul.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Try offering him hard boiled (not raw) eggs or chicken if you can afford, so much better for him than dry dog food esp when he's sick.
If he won't eat even chicken he may have internal injuries.
I didnt try with boiled eggs or chicken i will let you know as soon i try

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLittleWing View Post
A quick google search I found a dog group called "Serbia's Forgotten Paws". They also have a Facebook page, so you can leave a message. I hope they are legitimate. Perhaps they would be able to help you?

Thank you for being a kindhearted soul.
hi! Thanks for information they are based in Nis witch is all they way on south serbia(and i am in centar) i already send them email with pictures and information and now i am waiting for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
He is a beautiful dog! THANK YOU so much for taking him in and caring for him.

I understand that you may not be able to get him to a vet or a shelter. Though this would be the ideal scenario, that's not what we're dealing with here, so let's go with what you have.

I would keep the wounds clean with hydrogen peroxide. If he is calm when you try to clean the wounds, you should try to cut the hair short around those wounds, especially that neck wound. This will help keep those areas clean.

If he doesn't start eating soon, I think you may have much bigger problems unfortunately. But also, it's common for a dog who has been traumatized to stop eating for a day or two. Until he feels better and feels safe, he may not eat much at all. My male dog gets so weirded out when I board him that he can go two days without eating! I always bring his bag of food to the boarding place and very little of it is gone when I pick him up. Dogs are funny that way.

Another good thing about dogs is that they can rebound very quickly. If your new friend doesn't have internal injuries or broken bones, he'll be up and about very quickly. But he has clearly been traumatized so he may be very quiet and withdrawn for several days.

How does he act when you touch his ribcage? Can you try to pick him up? If so, does he act like he is in any pain when you do so?
I think his ribcage is fine i pick him up and he dont react, he just reacts on the areas around the wound on the leg and neck but now he calmed down so he is less stressed... i hope so he will eat soon....

Last edited by Milos951; 11-27-2015 at 09:56 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Could you get some anti-biotic cream to put in the wounds?

Is there bears in your area???

It looks like the dog was swatted by a bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs