Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:33 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,403,111 times

Advertisements

I am so very sorry. I went thru the exact same thing...it will be a week tomorrow (Sat.) that we put our Golden died. She basically did the same thing....refused all food for over a week. Her back legs gave out and early sat. morning before we could get her to a 11:30 appt. she passed away in my arms. I know the pain you feel...and my heart breaks for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 04:57 PM

55 posts, read 180,054 times
Hello all,

I have been posting on the nasal cancer thread. My loss is fresh and gnawing at my soul. My buddy Hogan was put down this past Sat. I couldn't go to the vets for the final trip. My son and wife took him. My wife couldn't go in with Hoag but my son did. Hogan died with his head on my sons lap. I've had three other dogs and they all died of cancer. The youngest a 6 year old rottie...

Right now I'm kind of pissed off at God..

None of the other loss's were easy. But Hogan, a 91/2 year old GSD, was my dog. I still can smell him on my carpets. And there is blood spots at different area's of the house. When I watched tv in my bedroom Hogan would lay down on my side of the bed. When I closed the lights he would then go to the front of my bed and plop down. He would shake the bed alittle when he did this. He was 108 pounds..I keep waiting for the damn shaking, it never comes..When I vacummed my carpets no matter where Hogan was, he would rush into the living room where I stated vaccuming and plop down. When I vaccum I keep waiting for him to come charging in and plop down..No plopping.
When I came in the house the greating almost knocked me over. Now I come in w/o any problems..
When I would get the chain for him to go out, the noise he would make i always feared the human society might come knocking at my door..Now there is no chain to shake, and all is quiet. At night when I got up to use the bathroom I had sometimes I would bump into him. No more bumping..When Hogan went to sleep you heard those dog sounds like he was dreaming, no more sounds..And when I felt bad I could always rub hogans head, now I really feel bad and there is no head to rub..End of story...

Rod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs