Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 08:50 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
your naivete is unreal: "Not forced to fight" of course they are forced to fight if they want to live. They are confined to small rings, sometimes with more vicious and larger dogs. It is blood sport- pure and simple.

They give them amphetamines and steroids too, to make them more violent.
It boggles the mind that someone could be so uninformed, and to make such a naïve statement as "there ought to be rules". To think they'd set up rules to protect the dogs is laughable! Except it's anything but funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 10:58 AM

454 posts, read 495,574 times
Not going to feed the obvious troll...

I'm glad to see someone is trying to punish this cruel act. FINALLY.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Bulldogs View Post
Not going to feed the obvious troll...

I'm glad to see someone is trying to punish this cruel act. FINALLY.
I am not sure that was a troll.

We all see things differently.

I hate dog and chicken fighting.

But, some things done with animals are legal and not good either.

Is racing cruel??

Rodeo???

Testing medicines or, cosmetics???

Some here think us hunting with dogs is cruel.

There are many views.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:45 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
About time! Vick should have got this sentence... Would have sent a Message Big Time! All he got was a Slap on the wrist!

Old 02-04-2016, 03:10 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
What is the big deal? Feel free to flame me. There is bull fighting in Spain and **** fights in a lot of places. If the dogs aren't forced to fight, why is this not OK? Not all dogs are cuddlers. If anything, the dog fighting people should have rules like UFC or boxing (AKA people fighting) so the dogs don't get too hurt.

If the real reason is that scumbags are the ones making money from dog fights, then that is ridiculous. Because scum does it does not mean it should be illegal. Animal fights are sport. They are not to everyone's taste, but if there are rules to protect the animals, I say go have your dog fight.
The Big Deal is the Dogs are Trained to Kill they use Kittens & Puppies to Train these dogs to Kill Encouraging the Dogs to Tear them apart! Kittens & Puppies that are ALIVE!

Old 02-04-2016, 08:27 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Also, I doubt that Vick was the only dog fighter who killed the dogs that weren't winning or otherwise disappointed him. The dogs didn't have a choice; they were bred to be vicious (and it's a credit to the nature of dogs that not all former fighting dogs are vicious killers and can be rehabilitated) and trained and conditioned to fight and be hurt.

If I were Queen of the World, I would make dog fighters get in the ring and slug it out themselves until they screamed in pain and bled.

Sorry, but people have a choice, and at least an ability to read (in most cases) and understand the dangers of a career in boxing or other physically dangerous sports. Dogs don't.

I'm glad that there was a long sentence in this case. And if I were Queen of the World, Vick would have gone to prison for the rest of his life.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:15 AM

454 posts, read 495,574 times
Edit: Taking my own advice and not baiting the trolls.

Last edited by Mom2Bulldogs; 02-05-2016 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: See post

Old 02-05-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Bulldogs View Post
What on earth is your point? If you come to a dog forum and defend dog fighting, there's something either seriously wrong with you or you're trolling. I vote both.

The rest of your post makes no sense but to cry that people pick on you for the way you treat your dogs and has nothing to do with the thread itself.
I hate dog fighting.

Just saying people see things differently.

BTW, health wise.........our dogs are healthy as anyone's on the forum.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
Also, I doubt that Vick was the only dog fighter who killed the dogs that weren't winning or otherwise disappointed him. The dogs didn't have a choice; they were bred to be vicious (and it's a credit to the nature of dogs that not all former fighting dogs are vicious killers and can be rehabilitated) and trained and conditioned to fight and be hurt.

If I were Queen of the World, I would make dog fighters get in the ring and slug it out themselves until they screamed in pain and bled.

Sorry, but people have a choice, and at least an ability to read (in most cases) and understand the dangers of a career in boxing or other physically dangerous sports. Dogs don't.

I'm glad that there was a long sentence in this case. And if I were Queen of the World, Vick would have gone to prison for the rest of his life.
You have my vote for queen.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:34 AM

150 posts, read 223,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
What is the big deal? Feel free to flame me. There is bull fighting in Spain and **** fights in a lot of places. If the dogs aren't forced to fight, why is this not OK? Not all dogs are cuddlers. If anything, the dog fighting people should have rules like UFC or boxing (AKA people fighting) so the dogs don't get too hurt.

If the real reason is that scumbags are the ones making money from dog fights, then that is ridiculous. Because scum does it does not mean it should be illegal. Animal fights are sport. They are not to everyone's taste, but if there are rules to protect the animals, I say go have your dog fight.
I really hope that this is just a bad joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs