U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:07 PM

7,728 posts, read 8,836,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Was the dog in its own yard? If not I blame the owners for not taking care of their pet.
Yes, they said that the dog was in the backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 PM

20,212 posts, read 11,346,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Yes, they said that the dog was in the backyard.
In which case the owners are justified in being upset and I feel their pain.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 PM

1,587 posts, read 4,338,486 times
With the hounds in there must been no close neighbors or they would been out because of the howling when something strange pulled up near kennel.
Lucky the other 3 still alive and hope they catch this sick twisted &**%$ soon.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:24 PM

5,100 posts, read 8,583,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am a dog lover always have been. Love a good lab.
Peoples pets getting shot? Perhaps if they had controled their animal, been good responsible owners this would happen a lot less often. First level of ownership for a dog shot while loose is on the owner. If you care about your dog keep it under control. In this world we have scum killing babies, what makes anyone think that the family pet is anymore safe than a baby? I detest people who are cruel to animals but I also detest bad owners.
If a strange dog came in my yard and acted agressively towards my family I would infact shoot that dog rather than risk it attacking me or mine.
I totally agree. I've got neighbors that have a gorgeous very sweet Newfie. But they leave him outside in a yard that isn't fenced. As you drive past the area where their house is, he runs right at your car. I drive a very small car and when we first moved here I nearly wrecked so many times when he ran in front of me and scared the crap out of me and I jerked to the side to keep from running him over. I was livid with such irresponsible owners. Can't tell you how many times my husband had to stop me from going over there.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago they found him laying in their yard with a gunshot to the neck. Luckily they took him to the vet and he lived, but it's just another example of some idiot that shouldn't have a pet and the pet suffering for it.

BTW - drove past a couple days ago. He's already out chasing cars again.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,149 times
First of all Guns were made for one thing to kill . We are so quick to judge. Maybe if everyone would stop and see how they could help the world . No instead every one is so quick to react . we should be responsible owners for sure . But at the same time people with guns should be accountable for there actions . The police have to much power and there are many senseless accounts of dogs getting shot because people police are trespassing on the owners property . why wouldn't a dog protect it territory. Oh but he snap at me so lets automaticly fill him with lead Im so sick about the lawlessness of people and the law . If your kid kid gets unruly do you take your gun and shoot them

Old 11-22-2008, 11:51 AM

339 posts, read 841,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirksterrrr View Post
First of all Guns were made for one thing to kill . We are so quick to judge. Maybe if everyone would stop and see how they could help the world . No instead every one is so quick to react . we should be responsible owners for sure . But at the same time people with guns should be accountable for there actions . The police have to much power and there are many senseless accounts of dogs getting shot because people police are trespassing on the owners property . why wouldn't a dog protect it territory. Oh but he snap at me so lets automaticly fill him with lead Im so sick about the lawlessness of people and the law . If your kid kid gets unruly do you take your gun and shoot them
Guns were made to kill, but there has to be someone pulling the trigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs