Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times

Advertisements

It will be from 5 to 15 degrees lower than in the cabin on passenger flight. on cargo only, it will be the temperature the crew likes since its all the same space. You should also ask the airline where do they put the dogs? Many have areas that are used only for special handle cargo, like dogs, medical supplies, and other things needing special care. This area is not the same as the baggage compartment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 PM

6 posts, read 11,739 times
Leaving in the morning to go to Korea to pick up Pinky. Hope all goes well and I will let you know how it went in three weeks when I return to the US with her. Thank for all the advice everyone. Now it's up to me to find a large dog crate in Korea. Hmmmmmm tricky!

Emily

Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Good luck Emily and keep us posted. When you get there speak with the airline you will be using for the retun flight to see if they have any crates for sale or rent. If not, contact a vet clinic and they may have access to IATA approved crates.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:42 PM

6 posts, read 11,739 times
Hi everyone,

Pinky and I returned both safe and well from Korea last week. One of our flights was cancelled so the entire journey took two days but I got to spend 8 hours with Pinky in San Fran which was nice (I had time to walk her and feed her (including a little treat of some meatball sandwich yum yum). She did very well and, although a little mad at me for making her sit in a box for 14 hours, 3 hours and 2 hours, she's forgiven me and is now happy in her new home.

I did as someone suggested and wrote the pilots letters informing them that she was on the flight and that the temp needed to be at a reasonable level and they were very helpful and even wrote a letter back to me.

United Airlnes were amazing with the dog and I would highly reccomend them. I am glad that the temperature was cool in all the stopover places and would say that that was a huge factor in her arriving safe and well. If anyone does ship a Bulldog remember to make plently of demands on the airline regarding temperature and that they get lots of water. I saw lots of other snub nosed dogs flying that day and all other breeds seemed to be a lot more upset in their boxes than Bulldogs. I think that Bulldogs are quite placid and not as easily worried as other breed but that water and heat are the main worrying factors more than them getting panicky in the crate.

Thank you everyone,
Emily

Old 05-11-2010, 05:49 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Glad to hear you and Pinky made it home safely. Now we want to see some pictures of her!!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureid View Post
you feed your dog burger king?? how sad....

Once in a while mine gets the meat part of a cheeseburger. He also gets lunchmeat, peanut butter crackers (wonderful for sneaking his vitamins in) and when we go to my favorite cafe, he usually gets half a muffin and his own cookie from the bakery.

You just feed yours dry, nasty rawhide and kibble? How sad.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyingham View Post
Hi everyone,

Pinky and I returned both safe and well from Korea last week. One of our flights was cancelled so the entire journey took two days but I got to spend 8 hours with Pinky in San Fran which was nice (I had time to walk her and feed her (including a little treat of some meatball sandwich yum yum). She did very well and, although a little mad at me for making her sit in a box for 14 hours, 3 hours and 2 hours, she's forgiven me and is now happy in her new home.

I did as someone suggested and wrote the pilots letters informing them that she was on the flight and that the temp needed to be at a reasonable level and they were very helpful and even wrote a letter back to me.

United Airlnes were amazing with the dog and I would highly reccomend them. I am glad that the temperature was cool in all the stopover places and would say that that was a huge factor in her arriving safe and well. If anyone does ship a Bulldog remember to make plently of demands on the airline regarding temperature and that they get lots of water. I saw lots of other snub nosed dogs flying that day and all other breeds seemed to be a lot more upset in their boxes than Bulldogs. I think that Bulldogs are quite placid and not as easily worried as other breed but that water and heat are the main worrying factors more than them getting panicky in the crate.

Thank you everyone,
Emily
how NICE to read a post that tells us how things unfolded.... THANK you....

and so so so glad you and miss pinky made your trip ok .... even with a bit of a delay..... which turned out to be not such a bad thing after all....

and yes.... we need pictures.....

Old 08-26-2012, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 867 times
Default Help, I need to fly my bulldog to Australia

Hi Roaminred. I am looking into flying my british bulldog from Uk to Australia and I'm desperately worried about a, how well he will take it and b, finding an airline. Would you be able let me know how your story worked out? I'd really appreciate any help on this. Thankyou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs