Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 02:47 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Oh look. We've found someone who never watched Old Yeller.
I repped you...funny...I've watched it multiple times, as a child and with my own children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaw View Post
It should scare you- it is not only fatal, but can be transmitted, and I wonder why you have such a dismissive attitude about your animals' health- and the health of the human community with which he comes into contact.

If your dog ever bites someone, .
Once again, if someone disagrees they have "a dismissive attitude"...that's a croc.

I take good care of my animals which is evidenced by their good behavior, extreme health, and longevity.
They don't come into contact with the "human community"....so no worries.
They'll only bite...when I tell them to.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There have only been three people in the US who have survived rabies w/o vaccine. It's really Russian Roulette to not get your pets vaccinated.
California Girl Only Third in U.S. to Survive Rabies Without Vaccine - ABC News
there's 1-2 cases/310 million people / year in the USA.
24 cases of human rabies contracted in the US since 2003.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:12 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
there's 1-2 cases/310 million people / year in the USA.
24 cases of human rabies contracted in the US since 2003.
Because pets all over the country are vaccinated against rabies. The domestic pets provide a buffer between humans and wildlife.

I worked animal control during a time when there was a rabies epidemic in raccoons and all of the raccoons trapped were sent into the lab for analysis. They came back 75% of them were positiveness for rabies. Domestic dogs and cats have a very good chance of coming into contact with garbage raiding raccoons.

Humans don't normally make contact with raccoons, but the family pet does. The pet makes contact with humans, but the pet doesn't get rabies because teh pet has been vaccinated. The rabies vaccine is very efficient and vaccinated pets don't get rabies.

Look at the statistic for some other countries where pets aren't vaccinated against rabies about rabies deaths in humans, purehuman

Old 04-30-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
You should thank the rest of us who do vaccinate our dogs against Parvo and Distemper...we are your herd. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Do you not vaccinate against Rabies? If so, I hope you realize your herd won't protect you there.
No!!I love animals, and yours are paying for those shots with their health. I won't thank you for that....and I won't thank you for my very healthy animals.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Look at the statistic for some other countries where pets aren't vaccinated against rabies about rabies deaths in humans, purehuman
59000 human deaths worldwide in 2016 from rabies.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:54 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
No!!I love animals, and yours are paying for those shots with their health. I won't thank you for that....and I won't thank you for my very healthy animals.
Go back two years and respond to Post 13 that I made in 2016. I asked you if you didn't believe in vaccinations for humans as well as for dogs. You didn't answer, but we both know the answer don't we?

You also believe there is a giant conspiracy by government, most of the medical profession, and pharmaceutical companies to require people to get vaccinations don't you?

You know that you do and its precisely because you spout that sort of nonsense regularly that no one who reads your posts here should take them seriously.

If your animals are healthy its only because of good luck or the fact that others vaccinate their animals.

Last edited by markg91359; 04-30-2018 at 10:10 AM..

Old 04-30-2018, 10:37 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
We did all of the puppy boosters on schedule. Now we are on a three year schedule for all vaccines (including the three-year rabies shots). I have seen a puppy die from parvo and it’s nit something I’m willing to let my own dog get or pass onto another dog in our neighborhood. We also have raccoons, bats, bobcats and coyotes in my area, any of which could carry rabies. Since that one is 100% deadly to animals and humans, it’s not worth taking the chance.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:16 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times
OP, you asked about shots. I have a 10 week old puppy who I took to the vet today. He got his first examination 3 weeks ago, the day after we got him. Today he had Pyrantel pamoate, Canine DA2PP, along with fecal test which came back false, and Revolution for heartworm prevention. He gets his next DA2PP in 3 weeks. Although, the vet said he can go 3-4 weeks. I asked about Lepto as well, and she said this is usually given to hunting dogs and dogs who are around lakes, etc. and my have access to contaminated water. My other dog did not get this and neither will he. It is not necessary.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Go back two years and respond to Post 13 that I made in 2016. I asked you if you didn't believe in vaccinations for humans as well as for dogs. You didn't answer, but we both know the answer don't we?
Yeh...we know the answer....this forum is about your PETS!!!!!
Start another thread if you want to spout your nonsense about HUMAN vaccinations.
Your assumptions about what others think are pathetic at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs