U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 04:25 PM

36,474 posts, read 43,566,158 times

Advertisements

and all of a sudden I saw the eyes of every dog I've ever loved in my life looking back at me. I saw my first dog Henry who my father brought home when I was 6 months old. I saw Queenie who died of rabies in the 50s, Rufus our family dog while I was in high school, Rags my college years dog and every dog till my beloved Lucy who died just 4 weeks ago. I'm almost 70 years old and I can't remember not having a dog.

As I gazed into Teddy's eyes I felt an unbelievable wave of being loved envelope me. I've never felt anything like it in my life. I'm not a religious person or even spiritual but this was not of this world. The tears started to flow as I remembered something special about every dog in my life. The way they came into my life and the way they left. The way they played or ate or slept or ran or walked up the stairs. So many minute details filled my heart that is was just too much to handle and I broke down in sobs.

Is Teddy the embodiment of all the dogs and their love for me and mine for them? Is he my last dog? Was he trying to channel their love? He is such a special little pup. He is affectionate and playful and furry and soft and smart and I love him dearly. He is obviously meeting a need and I'd like to think I'm meeting his needs as well.

All day I've been trying to figure out what that special moment was this morning. Whatever it was, it was special and cherished. Just like every dog who has ever been in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 05:38 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,208,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post

Is Teddy the embodiment of all the dogs and their love for me and mine for them? Is he my last dog? Was he trying to channel their love?
Teddy is the dog you needed right now, so yes, in a very real way, he embodies all your beloved dogs that paved the way and brought you to this place where you were ready to welcome this particular shaggy little dog into your heart. He has given you the precious gift of seeing your life from a different perspective; he is going to be a powerful teacher.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:01 PM

Thank you very much, twelvepaw. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:30 PM
ZSP

1,568 posts, read 4,156,783 times
I think twelvepaw said it so eloquently...and I totally agree.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:47 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,343,654 times
There is something special about a wise dog and some seem to have a gift of communication if we are receptive. You are open to it and will appreciate all Teddy has to teach you, which makes for a beautiful relationship. What a lovely gift he has already given you, triggering happy memories from each of the dogs you have shared your life with. Thank you for sharing such a sweet moment. I always enjoy your posts.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:49 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,343,654 times
NK, you've probably already seen the clip, but this thread reminded me of the new dog movie coming out, A Dog's Purpose.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:47 AM

I can't wait to see it. And that you so much for your kind words. That means a lot to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or