U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 AM

395 posts, read 1,248,620 times

Advertisements

My little Pom either sleeps in the bathroom on a dog bed, or with me on my pillow..under the covers..she likes to sleep like me when she is with me..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 09:04 AM

5,835 posts, read 4,044,340 times
I hate to admit this, but like when a child sleeps better with their teddy, I sleep better with my Angel (dog). If she is at the foot of the bed, I pick her up and lay her next to me and fall asleep like this until she gets too warm. Most of the time I find her way under the covers by the foot of the bed in the morning. She's my natural sedative!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 AM

775 posts, read 443,054 times
My dog, a shi tzu, a breed known to love human beds, sleeps on my bed. She knows the routine so even before I go to bed, she will be on my bed. I put her at the bottom if she hasn't set herself there but if she gets cold (even though I cover her during the night), I will find her next to me for warmth.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 AM

5,835 posts, read 4,044,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
My dog, a shi tzu, a breed known to love human beds, sleeps on my bed. She knows the routine so even before I go to bed, she will be on my bed. I put her at the bottom if she hasn't set herself there but if she gets cold (even though I cover her during the night), I will find her next to me for warmth.
Does your dog always have to be on some part of you? I have two and I typically look like I have a Shih Tzu blanket on me when I am sitting or lying down! One on my lap and the other on my legs which are resting on an ottoman. Let's not forget the other two that find some open space on me to rest also!!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:43 AM

673 posts, read 2,914,339 times
My Cocker Mix sleeps right next to me! He is like velcro, always attached to me so when I go to bed he usually jumps up at the end and will either lay against my legs or he will lay under the blankets up by me. My husband gets annoyed because I usually go to bed first and when he tries to come to bed, Tazz will jump up and lay in his spot. The only way my husband can get into bed is by paying a toll ....lol....Which is a treat for the doggie!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM

4,281 posts, read 9,448,326 times
My pooches sleep in their beds in our bedroom. They'd be on the bed if they could, but that's not going to happen as the bigger dog likes to sprawl!

Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,363,213 times
My 11 mo. old (she'll be 1 yr. old in 4 days) female pug sleeps with me and neither one of us would have it any other way.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:44 PM

7 posts, read 34,009 times
I have a Pet Sitting Service with numerous personalities.....one on the couch (pushing me off)....another with he/shes bed from home sharing with a new found friend.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM

355 posts, read 910,182 times
Our lab and my daughter's lab (who spends a lot of time with us) sleep on their beds in the family room or the sofa whichever feels most comfortable at the time. But our JRT is right in between us on our bed. She is like a little furnace and heats my side of the bed up before I come in (husband and she goes to bed first). When I come in, she goes under the covers about half way to the bottom. I'm so concerned with one of us rolling over on her that I wake up during the night and put my hand on her belly to make sure she is still breathing. She, also, takes afternoon naps with her body under the covers but her head on the pillow....just like a person.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:37 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,426,841 times
Our 1 year old lab just graduated to her own area in our room, outside of her crate. We don't want her on the bed, and my husband doesn't want her to be in the crate overnight. His thinking is what's the point of having a dog and keeping her in a crate overnight-she won't be very scary to an intruder that way. She still has her crate open and available to her if she wants it, but I think since we've set up the new arrangement she's been sleeping next to the baby gate that keeps her area separate from ours. Once we know that she's ok like this, and is not going to eat anything she finds in our area, then she'll be able to sleep anywhere in our room-just not on our bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs