Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 05:38 PM

305 posts, read 330,892 times

Advertisements

He is an 8 year old boxer. I almost never came home to pee and when we moved 6 months ago we rarely came home to it unless something outside spooked him like the lawn people. But the last month I come home to it almost everyday. In the kitchen or on the carpet. I don't think it's physical problem because we keep him in the bedroom with us at night and he never has an accident. He will never go in front of us. Only if we aren't home all day or if we don't keep in in the bedroom with us at night. The only thing changed is we live in a duplex and new people have been moving in....might be noises he hears. I have good cleaner I've bought on Amazon but it's still a pain. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 02:54 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
He is an 8 year old boxer. I almost never came home to pee and when we moved 6 months ago we rarely came home to it unless something outside spooked him like the lawn people. But the last month I come home to it almost everyday. In the kitchen or on the carpet. I don't think it's physical problem because we keep him in the bedroom with us at night and he never has an accident. He will never go in front of us. Only if we aren't home all day or if we don't keep in in the bedroom with us at night. The only thing changed is we live in a duplex and new people have been moving in....might be noises he hears. I have good cleaner I've bought on Amazon but it's still a pain. Any suggestions?
Do the dog years math.

When I was 25 I could hold all day. Now? Not so much ....

Old 10-06-2016, 06:46 PM

Right but I don't know anyone who's dog pees on the house at any age.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Have you taken him to the vet to make sure it isnt a physical problem?

Old 10-06-2016, 07:58 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
Can you crate him while you are gone? That might be your best solution. They don't like to pee where they lay down.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:01 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
Yet a tarp, glue down some cheap vinyl floor tiles and put a wee pad and teach him to use it.

That's what I do. One of my little guys only goes outside, but the other one will wake up in the middle of the night to pee on the wee pad, I take them out at around 10pm and then 7 or 8 in the morning, but he likes to go when he wants because he's stubborn. I walk them twice a day usually, unless the weather is bad which is normally for their second walk of the day and then I let them out to the backyard several times a day. The biggest problem is when it's raining even my good guy hates to go out to pee for that. Once or twice a month my little guy will poo on the wee pad, no big deal ether. Get a bottle and fill it vinegar and water, that gets the pee molecules out the best.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:05 AM

965 posts, read 938,882 times
At his age I would try a belly band. You might also have luck with giving Rescue Remedy, and using a thunder shirt while you are at work, maybe it is anxiety of the new people moving in.

One of my dogs, as he aged would pee even when I went to the grocery store - if I didn't shut the crate door. He would go in it when he saw me get ready to leave the house itnwas his secure place. If I shut the door, I swear he breathed a sigh of relief.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:50 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeace View Post
At his age I would try a belly band. You might also have luck with giving Rescue Remedy, and using a thunder shirt while you are at work, maybe it is anxiety of the new people moving in.

One of my dogs, as he aged would pee even when I went to the grocery store - if I didn't shut the crate door. He would go in it when he saw me get ready to leave the house itnwas his secure place. If I shut the door, I swear he breathed a sigh of relief.
Belly band is a good idea for older dogs, or dogs with pee problems. I always take mine out to the backyard before I go out. Sometimes they don't have to go, but they always have a pee pad should they need it.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:56 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Do the dog years math.

When I was 25 I could hold all day. Now? Not so much ....
I agree, he's now 52 years old, - 8x4 plus 20 = 52 - and also he might have anxiety due to the new neighbors, and wants to mark his territory totally.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:56 AM

He is 9 in January so closer to 60. I can't put out pee pads unfortunately likes to rip them apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs